Just ordered a replacement Droid X2. Is this a good idea?

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I got my replacement X2 yesterday and I have to say that I ran into the exact same activation problem that Trip had. Phone just kept beeping and would eventually disconnect. However, rebooting the phone and rapidly tapping the screen as the phone starts up will get you past the problem and you'll be able to call *228 and activate fine. When the droid EYE appears just keeping hitting the screen to make sure you get the android guy right as it starts up.

Thanks for the tip, Trip :icon_ banana:

Had that same activation problem also! But after a FR it was able to activate. I am still skeptical.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
L

litetaker

Reaction score
FYI, I returned the replacement (refurbished) phone back to Verizon and kept the original phone I bought since I didn't find the replacement any better than the original. Now, SBFed the original to 2.3.4 (rather than OTA) and now going to use Eclipse Custom ROM for fun.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
My replacement phone also randomly reboots once a day. I think at this point I'll try one more time and if the next phone does not work, Im gonna tell VZW to send me a different phone altogether.

I wanna love the X2, but I can't deal with a phone that will randomly reboot when I try to use it. It's always at bad times too, like when I want to make a phone call or shoot out a quick text. Very annoying and a real shame since that's my only problem with the phone.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Yeah Im going to give anothee LNR a whirl and see how that one acta. Had quite a few issues with this one as well.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
L

litetaker

Reaction score
So, I was wondering, if I complain about my Droid X2 long enough, will Verizon give up and allow me to switch to a different phone, like the Droid 3 or Bionic? Just curious so that I can bug Verizon accordingly!!! Lol :D

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
So, I was wondering, if I complain about my Droid X2 long enough, will Verizon give up and allow me to switch to a different phone, like the Droid 3 or Bionic? Just curious so that I can bug Verizon accordingly!!! Lol :D

Well it's certainly possible; my girlfriend exchanged 3 or 4 Palm Pixi's before she called up and demanded she be switched to a totally different phone. She wound up with a Blackberry because she had to pick from a list of devices that was the same $$$ as her Pixi.

The only thing with this is, I think they bump your upgrade date up to the day when you got your "new" replacement phone. Verizon has a 20 month upgrade policy, so consider this:

My GF got her Pixi in March 2010. This meant her upgrade was set for November 2011.

She called and got switched to a blackberry after her 3rd of 4th defective device (and trust me, these things were pretty defective!! They made the X2 look like some sort of God-like phone with no problems :p) In July 2010. However her upgrade was than bumped to March 2012, 20 months after the July 2010 date.

So be careful. You could probably switch it out if you complain enough, but make sure whatever device you wind up getting you'll be good with for another 20 months. The Bionic would be a good choice but that's at a $249 price point right now while the X2 is selling for $99. I doubt you'll have then offer that to you :blink: You might get lucky and have them offer you a Droid 3, but than you gotta weigh in on if you'll be happy with a D3 for the next 20 months since they'll most likely reset your upgrade date like they did to my GF.

densetsu86

Reaction score
To op never ever di the return unless your phone is broken beyond use. Especially with Verizon and moto. Case and point I used to own the razr2 and had an issue with the touch screen (the bottom 3buttons on the front were touch and so I went to my Verizon store and went through six phones they gave me all of them were certified refurb crap. He'll one of the damn phones dial pad was not functional and I then left the store with an lg env touch. So yeah reurbs by Verizon and moto are pieces of crap. They're not tested at all to see if they even work. It doesn't matter if they said they were tested they are lying. Six phones in one day. I never left the damn store. Only get a refurb if your phone is hard bricked touch screen dies or anything that makes your phone a really expensive paper weight.

The x2 is junk. It just is. Almost every damn x2 has that skipping issue some have it less some have it more. Some x2 touch screen is crap (like mine although gotten better since 2.3.4 but it still sucks). Moto cheaper out somewhere for this phone during development and it just shows. Im planning on ditching it soon i've given up on this damn thing. And my next phone will most likely not be by moto. Razr2 sucked, dx2 sucks, my bros dx is having issues as well. They may have a good build but that's only cause they need to last from the customer from throwing it against the wall a few times.

Lg samsung or htc will have my money. At this point I don't care about updates for android since for the most part they don't do much as long as its running something near current and works for what I want it to do that's more important. Im just waiting for a phone with good ram better gpu then dx2 and at least 1.2ghz so I can watch my anime or listen to my music without problems and 4g lte.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
To op never ever di the return unless your phone is broken beyond use. Especially with Verizon and moto. Case and point I used to own the razr2 and had an issue with the touch screen (the bottom 3buttons on the front were touch and so I went to my Verizon store and went through six phones they gave me all of them were certified refurb crap. He'll one of the damn phones dial pad was not functional and I then left the store with an lg env touch. So yeah reurbs by Verizon and moto are pieces of crap. They're not tested at all to see if they even work. It doesn't matter if they said they were tested they are lying. Six phones in one day. I never left the damn store. Only get a refurb if your phone is hard bricked touch screen dies or anything that makes your phone a really expensive paper weight.

The x2 is junk. It just is. Almost every damn x2 has that skipping issue some have it less some have it more. Some x2 touch screen is crap (like mine although gotten better since 2.3.4 but it still sucks). Moto cheaper out somewhere for this phone during development and it just shows. Im planning on ditching it soon i've given up on this damn thing. And my next phone will most likely not be by moto. Razr2 sucked, dx2 sucks, my bros dx is having issues as well. They may have a good build but that's only cause they need to last from the customer from throwing it against the wall a few times.

Lg samsung or htc will have my money. At this point I don't care about updates for android since for the most part they don't do much as long as its running something near current and works for what I want it to do that's more important. Im just waiting for a phone with good ram better gpu then dx2 and at least 1.2ghz so I can watch my anime or listen to my music without problems and 4g lte.

Totally agree in alot you say. I will however warn you...samsung is WORSE then moto for sure. I have had many issues you speak of as well. Have been through 4 DX's until they offered me a swap out. (FOR ANY TOP NOTCH 3G PHONES) So as to your question litetaker, you will NOT get the option of a 4G LTE phone as that will cost VZW money to do so. So they will offer you a LNR of any 3G phone around the same price as the X2. The D3 is a MAYBE, I'm not too sure. But I am almost 100% they will not swap out your DX2 (3G) for a 4G LTE device. Also, whatever 3G device you do choose as I said, they will send you a LNR of that device, Not a "new" device. But they offered me the swap out like I said after 4 DX's as well as 4 of my girlfriends DX's. I switched to the next DX2 (not too much better) and my girl got the HTC Droid Incredible 2 (her's is flawless) They even sent us both extended batteries and backs because of how much trouble we've been going through only 7 months into our 2 year agreement. I'm now on my 3rd DX2 LNR and my girl still has her first LNR INC2. So whats that tell ya? (in my opinon) HTC is top runnin dog right now. So during my time of all these POS phones, I caved in and ended up bidding and buying a Samsung Droid Charge for $286. (BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE) This phone is supposed to be one of VZW top 4G LTE devices. NOT! The thing is beautiful don't get me wrong. But the OS is terrible. How is our DX2 running on 2.3.4 while the Charge still on 2.2.1 Froyo!? I'll tell you why, cuz Samsung has the worst track record on keeping their devices up to date. The last update recieved for the Charge was back in JUNE! And since then there have been me plus THOUSANDS of others expeirencing data drops, lock ups, freeze ups, crap call quality, slow data speeds (when you have data) Not to mention you'll need a charger handy about every 3-5 hours. These issues have been reported and recognized to both samsung and VZW and still nothing has been done. So it is in you best interest denset, to not go with samsung. (just my opinion) I myself am not too familiar with LG and havent read up on too many of their devices. Though the Revolution just got GB on it and that phone was released the same time as the Droid Charge. (still havent gotten GB) So that little peice of info I guess shows LG shows more support for their devices. As for ME...I will most likely be going with HTC for my next device as I have been seeing they are #1 for support and they ARE on top for all manufactures at this time. Hopes this shines a light on anyones questions for either actions taken right now or in the future.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I've gone through 8 replacement phones in one year. Started with my DROID 2, they upgraded me to a DROID 2 global after three DROID 2's, after my sixth D2G they upgraded me to a refurbed DROID 3. Sent the first one back, now i'm waiting on a DROID X2 to replace this one. They gave me the choice between the Incredible 2 and the DX2, and i do like motorolas blur setup compared to HTC Sense, so DX it was. I dont know if its any easier to root a HTC, but its a piece of cake on the motorola so that was another reason why i wanted to stick with them. They would not let me replace it with a 4G phone under warranty, so you can bet it wont happen for you. I'm highly disappointed with Verizon's warranty support regarding the refurbed phones. The only thing I can say is that they do a good job of helping you out in getting a replacement. I just hope that this DX2 is a good one, cause i'm getting tired of having to constantly talk to customer support and constantly shipping back defectives.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

VZW_CS

Reaction score
Phone Replacements

Hi litetaker,

Your Droid X2 has a one year manufacturer's warranty. While we are not able to replace your phone with one of a different model, Verizon Wireless will gladly replace your phone with a Certified Like New Device of the same model as many times as needed as per your phone's manufacturer warranty policy. Please refer to the link below for the Certified Like New Replacement process.

Certified Like-New Replacement

Additionally, we can address all your device concerns and provide you with troubleshooting tips to resolve most issues via Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am-10pm and Saturday 7am-4pm CDT.

If you prefer, we can provide you immediate assistance when you call 800-922-0204 (option 3). Please call from a different phone and have your wireless device fully charged and available for troubleshooting when you call us.

VZW_CS