Droid X2 to replace my Car PC setup

jnot2

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my current car pc setup with a droid x2. I currently use a HDMI 7in monitor in this setup and I want to use the media dock in my car to hook up the X2 to the monitor. I need to no if the audio from pandora or my stored media will play thru the hdmi or will I have to use a 3.5mm audio cable. Basicly I would just like to drop the X2 in the media dock with out having to plug in any other cables. Also my HDMI monitor that I will be using has a usb touchscreen and would like to know if the X2 will be able to use it for imput. Otherwise I am fine with using the phone for imput and just having a biger screen for Navigation and what not. Thanks for any info.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if the audio plays through HDMI Mirroring, I'll know when I get my micro to regular HDMI cable in the middle of the week. I doubt you can use the usb touch screen on your second monitor to control anything.

myriad46

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my current car pc setup with a droid x2. I currently use a HDMI 7in monitor in this setup and I want to use the media dock in my car to hook up the X2 to the monitor. I need to no if the audio from pandora or my stored media will play thru the hdmi or will I have to use a 3.5mm audio cable. Basicly I would just like to drop the X2 in the media dock with out having to plug in any other cables. Also my HDMI monitor that I will be using has a usb touchscreen and would like to know if the X2 will be able to use it for imput. Otherwise I am fine with using the phone for imput and just having a biger screen for Navigation and what not. Thanks for any info.

One of the YouTube walkthroughs that I watched confirmed that audio did NOT go over the hdmi. Whether that will be something to come with a software update down the road, who knows. I currently use a bluetooth A2DP device to connect to my stereo via fm transmitter. If you want to spend the bucks, there are some hardwired versions. Also if you have a 3.5mm Aux input on your stereo, that some BT A2DP receivers have an aux out. Then you could dock it and the audio would automatically be sent out your Aux channel wirelessly. Just search amazon for A2DP car kits. There are a bunch.

Zecpull

Reaction score
Make sure you check out the 19.99 deal for the Car mount..and All the Cables. The X2 screen is better than the screen on my Garmin and it is very easy to read in ,my car. You may also want to see if you can run a 1/8 inch out for the sound..to the stereo.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

Post some pics of your set up

the3dolla

Reaction score

One of the YouTube walkthroughs that I watched confirmed that audio did NOT go over the hdmi. Whether that will be something to come with a software update down the road, who knows. I currently use a bluetooth A2DP device to connect to my stereo via fm transmitter. If you want to spend the bucks, there are some hardwired versions. Also if you have a 3.5mm Aux input on your stereo, that some BT A2DP receivers have an aux out. Then you could dock it and the audio would automatically be sent out your Aux channel wirelessly. Just search amazon for A2DP car kits. There are a bunch.

Guess they were lieing. I just hooked my phone up to my tv through my receiver and sound was coming out. I just tried the Youtube app, got sound out of that as well. (on my speakers, not on the phone as well though)

I can't imagine it working different through the TV really.

myriad46

Reaction score
It's funny you said that. I just tried it, too and it worked. I just thought I should get online and update the thread. Thanks for beating me too it.

zman6900

Reaction score
the droid charge does :)

I have the same idea to do this as well with the charge.

I drop it into the multimedia desktop dock and it plays it through USB somehow. Not quite sure how it works but on the back of the dock there is a line out for sound. So I just run the cord from the dock to the aux input on my stereo and hide the wires. so, all i have to do is jump in the car and drop it in the dock. no extra cables to connect. ;)