Making it clear on X2 audio issues and GB...

bspill

Reaction score
Just for kicks, try a different music player. Winamp is good and you can also try the 2 week PowerAmp trial. Try to clear any playlists or anything from the stock app and don't even touch it, see if that helps at all.

Tried another music player - same result. When the phone rings, I get a screen for an app called DLNA and it wants to know if I want to share files and music starts playing at the same time. If I cancel the DLNA app (which I've never used) , the music continues to play during the phone call unless I go to the music app and hit pause. I tried to remove rhe DLNA app, but there's no way to uninstall it.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Tried another music player - same result. When the phone rings, I get a screen for an app called DLNA and it wants to know if I want to share files and music starts playing at the same time. If I cancel the DLNA app (which I've never used) , the music continues to play during the phone call unless I go to the music app and hit pause. I tried to remove rhe DLNA app, but there's no way to uninstall it.

Interesting. Well you can root the phone and in the list of bloat you can actually freeze the DLNA service. It'll do a repeat force close when you do so you just have to do a battery pull to reset. Might help?

jplipper

Reaction score
Posted this on another thread too. I had the audio issues, which are really annoying since I listen to music in the car all the time. This is what I did to nearly eliminate all the issues. First, root the phone and get rid of all the bloatware from Verizon, in addition to the stock audio player. Second, I installed Pandora Blue 1.3 and winamp. Granted its only been a couple days, but the difference is amazing. My only complaint is that there is still slight delay when starting Pandora, but its MUCH better than before. No skips or pops so far.

bspill

Reaction score
Interesting. Well you can root the phone and in the list of bloat you can actually freeze the DLNA service. It'll do a repeat force close when you do so you just have to do a battery pull to reset. Might help?

UPDATE: I just downloaded Power Amp and used Power Amp to assign the ring tone. Problem appears to be solved as long as I use Power Amp and long press on the pause button when I'm finised listening to music. I think the ringtone was kicking the music player on every time the phone rang since you can pause the standard music player, but, cant actually turn it off as you can with Power Amp.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Awesome, PowerAmp is great, the equalizer makes a huge difference. Sadly it still doesn't fix the audio popping but I think most would agree it is the best music player. Shame it's $5, I'm all for supporting devs but really you're only paying $5 for the equalizer. Maybe I wouldn't be so put off if the audio actually worked...

Plus GoogleMusic had the best results on my audio issues so...

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Trust me on this dude, every thing that can be tried has been tried to resolve this audio issue. Some things SEEM to make it better, but it could also be coincidence since the data is not consistent with every user. At least they're starting to acknowledge it, took months for just Verizon to even admit it.

I thought it went away, but I have realized it seems to happen when I'm getting a text, IM, or e-mail while listening to music... its not so much a 'pop' as it is a skip over a section of the song. Almost like the DAC resource is being used elsewhere for that instant (which seems very odd in a dual core processor).