Does anyone have a DX2 that doesn't have problems?

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd month with an X2, and 2nd X2. My first one had the touch screen lock up (had to blank out the phone and get back in... rinse/repeat). VZW sent me a new one and this one so far is much better than the 1st. Battery is better, more responsive etc. I put in a 16GB card with tons of music and rarely hear a skip... generally if it happens its right before an e-mail or text comes in. Like others, I don't surf and listen to music though.

This is my 4th Android phone, and first Moto (the rest were HTC). I have to say the X2 sounds way better. I'm happy with the phone and will look at LTE/4G in a couple years.

mypalOtis

Reaction score
So is a sometimes unresponsive, laggy touch screen just an issue with my Dx2 or with them all? Should I take it back and get a new one? Will the 2.3.4 update fix an unresponsive touch screen?

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
So is a sometimes unresponsive, laggy touch screen just an issue with my Dx2 or with them all? Should I take it back and get a new one? Will the 2.3.4 update fix an unresponsive touch screen?

Everytime I see someone mention 2.3.4 I think its the Atrix port lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

pfilly

Reaction score
I've had music and reboot issues until I sbf'd the latest leak. It's a solid phone now.

zensurfmonkey

Reaction score
I had a droid 2 and now a x2. Nothing but problems. Seriously thinking of going iphone.........

Gweevis

Reaction score
I've had mine for 2 months with no problems except for a little keyboard lag.

OP
G

georgepetro

Reaction score
Myself along with others have talked about going apple. But must say I know people that are having problems with their iPhone s as well. Both my brother and his girl friend
have had there's start vibrating and then it does't stop. There isn't any way to take the battery out on the iPhone.

Insidious

Reaction score
I have 2 problems with my X2.
Scrolling speed, no matter what even with a static wallpaper, no widgets, and lots of free ram is choppy and slow. also for the camera software, the blue menu bar on the side, parts of it are like missing like chunks are taken out. Good thing the soak for the new update is already out. Hopefully we get the new 3D UI as well :b

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

nickolas

Reaction score
No probs with 2.3.4 Sbf and eclipse v1.1!

StonyRice

Reaction score
No problems here either after 2 weeks. Uninstalled go launcher as it slowed my phone down but now MOTOBLUR seems to be doing just fine.

litetaker

Reaction score
Minor issues with Music stutter. Interestingly enough, GB 2.3.4 didn't seem to fix it for me. Although, I just saw in the forums that may be setting the battery mode to "performance" can resolve this. I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the same. Apart from music stutter, I really don't have much issues. Great GPS signal, great call quality (it is a phone, after all), great screen, great video playback... dual core. I think I am good.

Also, I feel better after finding out that people with iPhones have issues too. And I think other droids have their problems too so it is not like Droid X2 users have been struck by the wrath of all that is nasty! lol :D

WookieClaws

Reaction score
The iphone seems to be held up as the gold standard, but it's not a perfect device or OS. It's really a matter of picking and choosing what you can live with vs what your needs are (along with your likes/dislikes). I've used both and just prefer Android.

As for the update... seems to work much better. Minor music skips, but hardly noticeable now. I only get them when opening an app that wasn't already opened. I used to get skips when texts, IM's, or e-mails came in and thankfully that has stopped.

howboutthempack

Reaction score
My phone restarts every once-in-a-while, but I've read where that's normal to do--On mine it's infrequent anyway. The only problem, and it really pisses me off, is that I have a glitch sometimes in my screen. Some days are worse than others..But the glitch is a long press glitch in the middle of the screen on the very left side. For whatever reason, I'll be ****in around on my phone and it just long presses until I turn the screen off then on again. It's done it since I got the phone, but I had to ***** and complain at Verizon to get it (which I got a free upgrade from x to x2) that I just said screw it.

Wongway

Reaction score
Most of the issues I had with my Droid X2 seem to have been (so far) taken care of or at least marginalized with the latest update.

Music skipping (the most annoying thing I've had to put up with) is not completely gone, but has been mostly cured at the very least.

Outside of that, the other issues (random reboots) don't seem to plague me so far...

wendee2150

Reaction score
I like my X2 better than my D2 by far. But I have some issues that haven't been fixed by GB or the 2.3.4 upgrade. My texts come in bunches. 5 or 6 if the same one all in a matter of minutes. Or I'll get a text at 3:00 and then I'll get it again at 7:30 and then again at 8am the next day. I hate that.
The thing I hate more than that is sometimes when I hang up my call; my phone redials that number again and again until I get the battery pulled (the ONLY fix.) It happened the first time in my car... Called my co-worker 23 times in 10 minutes after I finished talking with her while on my way to work.
My biggest pet-peeve though is the data use. I have the 150MB plan by choice and sometimes my phone will do something that eats data while my phone is off or while I am sleeping. Big chunks of data. Like 14MB at once. And no one can tell me why or how this happens. All my apps are set to no auto updates and not supposed to do anything that automatically uses data in the middle of the night (yeah, like that works!) If you can solve my problems, you'll be my new BFF!!
I do love the big screen. Great for bi-focal eyes! Still like my phone but wouldn't get another one or recommend it to my friends.