Making it clear on X2 audio issues and GB...

Xtaban

Reaction score
SOOOO glad I'm not alone in this! I'm on my second replacement and they try telling me to go for a third. I put my foot down and convinced them to give me a Droid 3 instead. They had me going as far as waisting 30+ dollars on a class 10 SD Card. Thank god I was able to return it. They first tried telling me that phones naturally have stutter when trying to play music AND open an app at the same time. Bull crap. My Droid X did it with EASE and NEVER skipped a beat. I'd expect a Dual Core to work like butter with this but the music even skips when I don't have anything open or running at the same time. I'm a huge music junkie and I use my phone mostly for music. Hope my D3 works a lot better.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Ok, next update...

Verizon still claims to have not heard of this issue, yet when I called them again, the guy said "normally with issues like this I'd just replace the phone with another of equal value." So clearly they have to say they've not heard of the issue, yet will strongly imply your not the first to call in about it.

So I want to ask, for those of you who got the Droid3 replacement...was it worth it? Does fixed audio issues make up for the loss of other great features of the X2, like the 4.3in screen that my big hands truly do love? I also don't like sliding keyboards that much...

However, some GOOD news about this issue, is I managed to fix the problem with my FM transmitter. Google Music Beta.

As stated, using any regular player the phone would just stop playing. Sometimes it would reboot, usually it would just stop. Anywhere between 1 minute and 45 minutes after hitting play. So this isn't a major thing to most because they don't use FM transmitters (which is a damn shame cause they're great for the car), but if you do have the problem (which I think a few in the thread said they did), I found a fix. Google Music Beta is basically a cloud you upload your music to and can stream it from anywhere. Definitely hasn't fixed the multi-tasking skips and pops, but after a week of using it regularly it has not once shut off. Probably about 4 or so skips when just playing, but at least it keeps playing. And if you've read the thread, you know I'm serious about this issue and wouldn't jump to conclusions.

So unfortunately I don't think most people will appreciate this fix, buuuuut if someone has the issue and does a google search for it, hopefully this thread will come up. Cause I know I couldn't find a single one, hence the starting of this thread. You do have to be invited to the service, which I can do, but I believe Amazon has a similar service which I'm curious to see if it works. So if anyone wants an invite let me know, though I have a limited amount so please don't try and screw me over and just get an invite if you don't have this problem. Kthxbye.

dmgerbino

Reaction score
I finally called Verizon about the audio issues when playing music and podcasts and made an official complaint. They also transferred me to Motorola so I could do the same with them. Verizon said they knew of the issue. Motorola said they never heard of it. I told both companies about the posts here. I also made an official post at the official Motorola support website. Https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57459

-Dave

Update: The Motorola support phone number is 1.866.721.5480

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Motorola does indeed know about the issue and has gone so far as to comment on their official forums that they are aware of it and are working on a fix.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I was having music skipping issues with my X2 and it was pretty frustrating. I use PowerAmp as my player too btw (I don't like the stock one). I was using the 8GB card that comes with the X2 and I bought a 16GB one from Costco (also a class 4). Last night I loaded it with about 8 gigs of music and the skipping appears to happen a lot less (once all day so far). I'm not sure why/how etc... I kind of wondered if that would help as i was reading somewhere that people were using their 16GB cards from their Droid1 and it worked great.

The X2 is my first Verizon phone... I had TMO before but I had 3 Android phones previously that didn't skip. Hopefully Motorola pushes out a fix for this.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
After I applied the v6 superscript Mega ram setting(.9) I don't have any skipping or stutter anymore, course that requires root.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
After I applied the v6 superscript Mega ram setting(.9) I don't have any skipping or stutter anymore, course that requires root.

Trust me on this dude, every thing that can be tried has been tried to resolve this audio issue. Some things SEEM to make it better, but it could also be coincidence since the data is not consistent with every user. At least they're starting to acknowledge it, took months for just Verizon to even admit it.

bspill

Reaction score
I dont know if this ties in with the other audio problems, but, after using the music player, music starts to play every timthe phone rings and conti ues playing all through the conversation. I can turn the music off, but, as sonn as another call comes in, it starts playing again. The only way to stop it is to clear the data in the music app. If I use the music player again, I'm back to square one. Is this just an isolated
problem?

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I have actually not heard of this issue. Which music player do you use?

Jason.DROID

Reaction score

Funny, I tried that, and it actually made it worse because the memory threshold is set to 4.0MB when the OS starts killing background apps/services with that setting. Slowed my phone way down too because apps and services kept getting killed anytime I opened an application, and would automatically restart after I closed an app (try opening another app while they're restarting and you get some major lag). It also limits application/service caching, which again, slows things waaay down when opening/closing apps. I uninstalled the V6 Supercharger settings altogether. OS is faster with just the KickAssKernelizer.

bspill

Reaction score
I have actually not heard of this issue. Which music player do you use?

I'm using the stock music player. As far as I know, the only way to quit using it is to hit pause. But apparently, the phone ringinging starts it up again, even while talking on the phone.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just for kicks, try a different music player. Winamp is good and you can also try the 2 week PowerAmp trial. Try to clear any playlists or anything from the stock app and don't even touch it, see if that helps at all.