All around fail. X2 Q&A

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Still playing around with this thing trying to milk my $200 out of it...

I played a bit of Russian Roulette and froze an app that was always running and I never used. Voice Commands.....never really use it except for texting, and the voice commands with GoSMS work just fine.

However, when I froze it, my phone freaked out and tried to repeatedly FC some com. process. Naturally, I freaked out and thought I destroyed my phone. Did a battery pull/restart, and my phone is now riding a steady 150-180/404 since.

Any devs want to comment on why I should unfreeze it? Cause other than the initial hickup, this thing is running great and it's amazing how a week ago I was at a consistent 27-40ish.

Sweettreat

Reaction score

nateohio

Reaction score
I've tried both class 2 and 4 cards and it seems the same. Are you not experiencing these problems at all? Have you tried multitasking while listening for a few minutes?

Well, I spoke too soon. I had issues today with my Class 4 card.

Yesterday, no hint of any issues all day long.

Today, towards the afternoon, I started having issues again. Remember, I listen to music for most of the day, so it had been running for 5+ solid hours.

Started off with just slight hesitation when multitasking. I noticed it, so started purposefully doing lots of different things on the phone, with more and more stuttering in the music. I especially noticed it when opening up Ti Backup (when displaying the message "All application info has been loaded from the OS!") Finally, when browsing thru available albums in the music player in landscape mode (similar to the iphone's "coverflow") the music got stuck in a quick loop and then the phone froze completely.

Had to do a battery pull to get it unstuck.

Available memory: 142mb. Uptime: 72 hours. I have been running with Gingerbreak, SD Speed Increase at 2048, Supercharge script with the recommended memory settings, all bloat frozen, most of blur frozen for that 72 hours.

72 hours?, just out of curiosity, why do you guys keep it on that long without doing a reboot?

I have computers that I deal with that won't run smoothly after having been on that long. Of course its going to get backed up and slow down eventually.

Sent from my DROID X2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
Huh, gr8scott, mind if I ask a question?
You froze Blur, so I assume you have another launcher... with that said, would Blur still run in the background with another launcher being used?

Sorry, maybe I used the wrong term... I froze the parts of Blur I didn't ever plan on using (social media integration, authenticators I had no intention of using, etc.) and stuff I didn't like (gallery for one). I am still using default launcher, contacts and email. That stuff works for me and I like it.

So I really can't answer your specific question.

I did just notice one thing tho, as I checked running apps, I froze the Task Manager that came with the phone, DNLA and Rich Clipboard (assuming that is part of Rich Location). Yet they still show up in Running Applications. Any ideas why anyone?

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
I've tried both class 2 and 4 cards and it seems the same. Are you not experiencing these problems at all? Have you tried multitasking while listening for a few minutes?

Well, I spoke too soon. I had issues today with my Class 4 card.

Yesterday, no hint of any issues all day long.

Today, towards the afternoon, I started having issues again. Remember, I listen to music for most of the day, so it had been running for 5+ solid hours.

Started off with just slight hesitation when multitasking. I noticed it, so started purposefully doing lots of different things on the phone, with more and more stuttering in the music. I especially noticed it when opening up Ti Backup (when displaying the message "All application info has been loaded from the OS!") Finally, when browsing thru available albums in the music player in landscape mode (similar to the iphone's "coverflow") the music got stuck in a quick loop and then the phone froze completely.

Had to do a battery pull to get it unstuck.

Available memory: 142mb. Uptime: 72 hours. I have been running with Gingerbreak, SD Speed Increase at 2048, Supercharge script with the recommended memory settings, all bloat frozen, most of blur frozen for that 72 hours.

72 hours?, just out of curiosity, why do you guys keep it on that long without doing a reboot?

I have computers that I deal with that won't run smoothly after having been on that long. Of course its going to get backed up and slow down eventually.

Sent from my DROID X2

I've had my other phones (D1 and DX) running for weeks at a time with no issues. The only time I would be in a reboot situation with those was when I let the battery drain all the way. Far as I am concerned, that is how an appliance should be working.

nateohio

Reaction score
I dont know, I just know that I reboot mine before I go to bed every night and I dont have any of the issues people are complaining about.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This definitely isn't a reboot issue. A phones OS is designed to keep it running clean so that you don't have to restart it every day. Doesn't quite work the same as a PC. Basically times have changed and it's really not necessary anymore.