7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

josh4rmwebb

Reaction score
no i can find it and switch it but it doesnt work, i dont understand how to get it working. i have the rotting apple one but the stock one always pops up.

listenman20

Reaction score
no i can find it and switch it but it doesnt work, i dont understand how to get it working. i have the rotting apple one but the stock one always pops up.

where are you switching it to? if ya put in system/media then the one in data/local will take precedence.

hockywizrd

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced continuous Verizon updates on Kangerade? I received a text from Verizon 2 weeks ago that 2.2 was sent to my phone. Since then my phone downloads a 77 MB update almost daily. After download it says phone is up to date but doesn't reboot so recovery can block it.

packetdog

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced continuous Verizon updates on Kangerade? I received a text from Verizon 2 weeks ago that 2.2 was sent to my phone. Since then my phone downloads a 77 MB update almost daily. After download it says phone is up to date but doesn't reboot so recovery can block it.

I haven't experienced this, as I'm on LithiumMod 1.0.12, but I do believe this is due to the build.fingerprint or whatever showing an earlier build number than what VZW has as current. I recently read a post on Pete (of BuglessBeast fame)'s site that talked about a similar issue with BuglessBeast v0.4. I'd imagine that his fix would work for other roms since it's just modifying a text file, BUT I don't advise it without confirming that it would not mess up the phone. I suppose you could do a full Nandroid first, and give it a whirl- if it fails you could do a data/cache wiped restore to your phone, and it should be fine (or at least back where you started...) Good luck!

kamisan

Reaction score
try turning off OTA in allinone

you can turn off OTA updates using the all in one script. If you downloaded the goodies and you have a terminal emulator installed type SU (for super user) then allinone If you do not see it in the main menu select advanced, then you get more options.,

Update, just did it,

option 9 is more scripts, then option 21 toggle OTA updates.

try that see if it works for you-

listenman20

Reaction score
you can turn off OTA updates using the all in one script. If you downloaded the goodies and you have a terminal emulator installed type SU (for super user) then allinone If you do not see it in the main menu select advanced, then you get more options.,

Update, just did it,

option 9 is more scripts, then option 21 toggle OTA updates.

try that see if it works for you-

the allinone script is for lithium mod....this is the old kangerade. the scripts set with this rom didn't include a block update.

ke0kie

Reaction score
I installed as instructed, its just boot looping from Droid logo to the red eye, over and over.

What gives?

--Scott

kingshibby

Reaction score
I installed as instructed, its just boot looping from Droid logo to the red eye, over and over.

What gives?

--Scott

Have you tried wiping before installing? The same thing happened to me so I had to wipe and reinstall.

Also, I've noticed a bug where I disable screen auto-rotating since I find that feature annoying in general, and even though I've disabled that feature in the options, it hasn't actually been disabled since it keeps rotating the screen :icon_evil:

ke0kie

Reaction score
Did not try to wipe, but ended up doing ChevyNo1 SS4.8 in interum, and it kicks ass.

I may ROM swap a bit more, but I'm so happy w/ SS4.8 I'm betting it will stay there a while.

--Scott

What gives?

--Scott

Have you tried wiping before installing? The same thing happened to me so I had to wipe and reinstall.

Also, I've noticed a bug where I disable screen auto-rotating since I find that feature annoying in general, and even though I've disabled that feature in the options, it hasn't actually been disabled since it keeps rotating the screen :icon_evil: