5.8.894 update rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wseyller

Reaction score
If this fixes the SD card issue and the signal issue I'm game to go back to stock. I tried some of the leaks which fixed the signal issue but the SD card issue is what kept me from going back to stock even though the custom rom's had the issue as well.

" But WHY THE RUM?"

If you installed any of the leaks then you can't install this unless someone later finds a way. Cannot currently downgrade the kernel.

rghurtle

Reaction score
Will 894 inhibit the phone from getting future updates as 893 has? Thx

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tonik;[URL="tel:1867591" said:
1867591[/URL]]How did you do that? You can't get from any of the previous versions to 894 currently.

you have to be bare bone stock if u have applied any update (5.5.893-5.7.894) the update will fail u also will not even be able to pull the soak test ota (5.8.894) from the Moto servers via cheesecake if. u have applied any update call verizon an do a warranty replacement (make up a good story to sell to them so they will replace it but be unrooted before sending it in)

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
TOMMYBOT;[URL="tel:1867637" said:
1867637[/URL]]I have a stock phone have only done up dates that my phone told me too(I follow the machine). Do I just click the link dl and install or should I wait for the one for the masses to come out? (Off to work be back in 10 hours type for the future answers)
Tommy

it is up to you the update that i posted is the current soak test ota to make sure the bugs are fixed (via select ota testers choosen by moto) before the official one comes out an to install the update you need to click the link download it an put it on ur sdcard then reboot into recovery mode an apply update from sdcard

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just ordered my Bionic and should receive it tomorrow. who is working this 5.8.894 update? i've read that there are some issues, but this phone has potential and there is an update in the works that will fix all or most of these issues. is this the update. i really dont't want to root unless i have too, but i want this phone to work as advertised. should i wait for the official OTA? or is this update my best bet. Thanks.

I'm planning to wait for the official OTA, or at least wait for a captured one from a "I GOT THE OTA UPDATE!!! :icon_ banana:" threads that'll come out. If you do decide to use this, be sure to read all the posts as one of the other leaked updates worked for only a couple of days and then stopped.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
i am just reporting what i am seeing i was up all night reply to these post via my bionic on performance mode setting for 8 hours an still had 50% battery life an its only suppose to get 8 hours with a heavy load like that without any update an 10 hours with just standard use the 5.7.893 i remember i could only get about 6 hrs with my phone in the same situation before it hit 50%

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
twistedlim;[URL="tel:1867687" said:
1867687[/URL]]You should look at the OP for the troll. He said 2x so that is what I am assuming he meant. No trolling here. I am currently at 34% and 17 hours (about half of that on wifi) on 593. Is he telling me I can get 34 hours out of 34%? ...or 2/3 that, or 1/2 that? Everyone wants to exaggerate how great the latest and greatest is, but it helps nobody. We are all left aksing why our poor phone don't perform as well.

ok 2x does seem to be exaggerated i am currenttly seeing 2 hrs more battery life on my phone with the update an thats with a heavy load ( answering all the post here for 8 hrs on performance mode using a shotty 3g network 4g hasnt reached me yet an i am at 50% battery life) i havent had any standby time just constant data usage thank u verizon for the unlimited plan i am currently at 34 gigs after all this ill see how much standby time i have after i get done playing with the phone more :)

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tonik;[URL="tel:1867689" said:
1867689[/URL]]The OTA will work fine no matter what version we are on, imho. Moto has kinda messed the Bionic's roll out...too soon or not enough testing and too slow on the fixes. But they are not stupid. They know lots of folks have these updates, I even suspect that the leaks were some what allowed so they could get lots of extra testing. Heck, they were being grabbed from Moto's servers by tons of people, they were not even 'leaks' they were just sitting there for anyone that wanted them. Moto could have stopped that in a heartbeat if they wanted to. Keep in mind that the soak test when it comes out will only go to people that are officially signed up. If Moto can target and control that update they could certainly have done so with these early updates if they wanted to. Also, there is a thread floating around (I think here) where a guy called moto support about problems. The tech figured out he was on a leaked 793 update and said 'Don't worry about it, the OTA will work fine for you when it comes out'.

I don't think 894 is an official release, soak testing has not started. When that starts we will know what the official release is. It will be the soak test version.

i was told it was the soak test version because they made it do a system check so if anyone doesnt have a bare bone stock phone the update will fail i maybe wrong but you never know all i know is my radio, basband and kernel are completely different from anyone of the leaked updates

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
treefrog20012003;[URL="tel:1867791" said:
1867791[/URL]]If this fixes the SD card issue and the signal issue I'm game to go back to stock. I tried some of the leaks which fixed the signal issue but the SD card issue is what kept me from going back to stock even though the custom rom's had the issue as well.

" But WHY THE RUM?"

so far i havent seen any of the issues with the sdcard i believe it fixed it but i am still going over it with a fine toothed comb just to make sure lol cuz i dont want to post shotty info on the forum that would bad

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
rghurtle;[URL="tel:1867845" said:
1867845[/URL]]Will 894 inhibit the phone from getting future updates as 893 has? Thx

i was told its the soak test version so it will not but that is what i was told so its at ur own discretion meaning 50/50 chance it will be off the update path if its not the soak but lol even if u do go off lol milk ur warranty for all its work a get it replaced a litte white lie never hurt anyone ;-)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i was told its the soak test version so it will not but that is what i was told so its at ur own discretion meaning 50/50 chance it will be off the update path if its not the soak but lol even if u do go off lol milk ur warranty for all its work a get it replaced a litte white lie never hurt anyone ;-)

who told you this? :)

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
My root was retained after flashing .894.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jntdroid;[URL="tel:1867966" said:
1867966[/URL]]who told you this? :)

lol i called tech support at moto an he saw the version i had an asked how the beta testing was going i kinda had to play along cuz 1 i had no idea what he was taking about at the time an 2 i dont think he knows i cheescaked there servers and 3 this update checks for bare bones stock thus eliminating all cheescakers from receiving this update making the testing pool very small an easily policed but i dont think they realize how easy it is to do a warranty replacement :biggrin: thank u god for the gullible tech reps at verizon may u shower us poor bionic users with more blessings lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.