OTA 5.8.894 spotted in the wild

OP
R

rduckwor

Reaction score
Crap! They might wait until January?! That will not make people happy. I mean ICS would be great, but so would reliable data.

RMD

jeremym

Reaction score
I agree with the issue of waiting but I was happy to hear that we would not be left out to dry for those of us who applied the leaked OTA.

wilboy

Reaction score
I was concerned so i called Motorola. I spoke to a tech on the phone and he got the info from my phone based upon my phone number i provided him. He said "oh i see you have 5.7.893 installed. Do not worry there is a planned upgrade path to the latest update when its provided for that version as well". He told me that they are developing an update for the 5.5 and 5.7 path to the latest update but could not give me an ETA as to when its released other than should be by the end of December. He also noted that Motorola is deciding rather to release the update as an update to this OS version or just go ahead and roll it into ICS and release that in December or the first part of January.

Hope this helps alleviate some of the anxiety we are facing for those of us updating to leaked OTA's.

Oh i see,so that means before flashing 8.894 you still have the stock kernel...enjoy man!:)
I better wait for the official OTA next year..early Jan..this what VW Rep. told me awhile ago. :frown:

That was the representative told me also this morning. So we have to wait till Jan..:frown:

PhilD

Reaction score
i'm skeptical about Moto supporting an update (via OTA) from 5.7.893, obviously they will have a mechanism to get their testers updated but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be generally available, time will tell...

GoBears

Reaction score
At this point I'm skeptical there is even an update. I'm so disappointed in Moto over this BS. They are losing loyal followers daily and don't seem to care now that they released the Razr.

wilboy

Reaction score
i'm skeptical about Moto supporting an update (via OTA) from 5.7.893, obviously they will have a mechanism to get their testers updated but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be generally available, time will tell...
And oh..ahh..you will be stunned when i say this(I read it here,dunno if it's in XDA or My DroidWorld)that they will "unlocked the bootloader",all Droid....they will start in HTC..but hey...that's what i heard,k?

ripper2860

Reaction score

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
notice there are no unlocked HTC Verizon devices on htcdev.com... just sayin... ;)

OP
R

rduckwor

Reaction score
So, a crappy day here. Canceled flights and that equals a canceled trip. Then a tete'-a-tete' with VZW CS service to get my wife a new phone.

I'm royally pissed at them now and the world in general and so I thought WTF!!?? Anyway to get back at them for the Bionic mess, I applied the 5.8.894 OTA that has been floating around to my totally stock Bionic. Take that VZW and Moto! I'll follow up in a few days to let you know what works and what doesn't. Right now, the camera is much quicker.

RMD

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, a crappy day here. Canceled flights and that equals a canceled trip. Then a tete'-a-tete' with VZW CS service to get my wife a new phone.

I'm royally pissed at them now and the world in general and so I thought WTF!!?? Anyway to get back at them for the Bionic mess, I applied the 5.8.894 OTA that has been floating around to my totally stock Bionic. Take that VZW and Moto! I'll follow up in a few days to let you know what works and what doesn't. Right now, the camera is much quicker.

RMD

Camera is only difference I've seen on 8.894 over the past couple of days... data is no different, though mine hasn't been bad lately in general. Interestingly the camera, once you get a focus, doesn't even think about trying to refocus unless you move much. So the first shot takes a second b/c of the initial focus, but after that it's really really fast. Quality is no better, but at least it's focusing better so the pictures aren't blurred.

deduct

Reaction score
Where are you guys downloading 5.8.894 from. Would love to get my hands on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys downloading 5.8.894 from. Would love to get my hands on it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

check the OP - gotta root and use cheesecake like the other leaks

dpw2atox

Reaction score
As a reminder to anyone looking to apply 5.8.894, it requires the 5.5.886 radio and kernel so if you have applied any of the leaks then you cant install it. Those of us that did are stuck on 5.7.893 either until a new leak comes up that doesnt require the original radio/kernel OR till a developer figures out a workaround.