z4Root - One Step Rooting for Many Android Devices!!

oli17

Reaction score
right, i just phoned tmobile again and they are now telling me i can't get an official OTA update for my phone! so could anyone please direct me to the quickest/easiest way to update my phone to 2.2 (im very scared/inexperienced and really don't wanna brick my phone!!)

Thanks

p.s. i know i've been posting non stop so i apologise if its been annoying :)

arm121

Reaction score
Is there a link I can download the app from? its not on the market :(

kakrami

Reaction score
cant temproot moto droid

I have droid 1 (moto droid) running 2.2.1 n I can't temproot my phone. It keeps on freezing every 10 15 seconds till I reboot the phone.. help please!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Z4root does not work on Droid1 running 2.2.1.

See the first link in my signature to root a Droid1.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The link Guidot provided is the best method to root a D1. Also, for future reference, there is no need to use the temproot option on z4root, especially on a Motorola phone as it doesn't work.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Developer ABANDONED!!!

The forums on XDA report the developer is no longer around. This will most likely not work on many of the newer phones or OS updates. Just wanted everyone up to speed without reading pages on pages. :)

DroidGin

Reaction score
LG Optimus One (works)

I know this is my first post, but I would like to note I can confirm that z4root does work on LG Optimus One. I have a few friends who have the phone and wanted to "deal with" the bloatware on them, out of curiousness I had them install z4root from my sdcard (i keep the apk there just in case someone asks me to root their phone), ran the permanent root and viola, they had root.

While it worked flawlessly on both of my Droid 2's, my wife's Droid X, and the optimus, I am saddened that it doesn't work on an original droid. I have to root my friends original droid using my pc, and I'll be honest, I'm lazy hahaha.

Safoda

Reaction score
Hey,

I tried this app to root the samsung galaxy mini S5570 and it doesn't seem to be working.

If someone did root their galaxy mini please pm me^

thanks

bikeroc

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Aishuo tablet running Android version 2.2. 4ZRoot will do a temporary root but not a permanent root.
Has anyone seen this issue before. I have also tried Universal Androot without luck.

Thanks for any input

Colin Knowles

Cool Cake

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Aishuo tablet running Android version 2.2. 4ZRoot will do a temporary root but not a permanent root.
Has anyone seen this issue before. I have also tried Universal Androot without luck.

Thanks for any input

Colin Knowles

You need to find an exploit specific to your device. You could try XDA developers to see if there is a forum dedicated to your device. I have never heard of Aishuo so a forum specific to you would be your best bet.

Hope that Helps