z4Root - One Step Rooting for Many Android Devices!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK this is what a lot of us have been waiting for. It's from xda developers. The application is z4Root. This is a one step rooting app, you can get it in the Market.

pc747 from our Rescue Squad says get the SBF before you do this in case of any issues.

Compatible

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)
Backflip
Sony X10
Xperia Mini
Drod 2
Galaxy Tab
Galaxy I5700
Galaxy 3 I5800
Droid X
Droid 1 (2.2.1)
Samsung Acclaim
Cricket Huawei Ascend

Incompatible

Desire (requires nand unlock)
Desire HD (requires nand unlock)
Magic (unknown)
Evo (requires nand unlock)
G2 (requires nand unlock)
Archos 70 (unknown)
LG Optimus One (unknown)
myTouch 3G (unknown)
Droid1 (older firmware)
Wildfire
Droid Incredible

As usual, I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong. If your phone bricks yell at the developer. Not me, I'm just passing along my experience.

I have installed it in my Droid 2 and it went seamlessly. I have reinstalled a couple of my rooted applications and they are working fine.

I still think it's a good idea to find out what rooting is and how it works before you do this. Just so you understand what you're getting yourself into.

Last edited:
OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Changed Title and bumping. Somebody has to be interested in this.:confused:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you have come back to the Darkside...once you know the joys of rooting they are hard to live without :wink:

Sent from my Droid

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
z4root?

hey everyone i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this one step root app? if anyone has please post info here i was wanting to know if it is safe and if you need to download apps to go along with z4root to help it and if you actually have full root access with this app?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Threads Merged - Please Search before starting a new topic :)

Manigma77

Reaction score
Cool, gonna root my wifes droid tonight. I rooted mine the day it came available so i did it the long and hard way. I am looking forward to this for my wifes phone. I will post results later. Thanx for the info hook

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let me put everyone at notice. This will root your phone as it says. It will bring it back to stock as well. But there is one issue, and everyone who roots should be aware of this.

If you're going back to stock to install an upgrade you will need to have the apps that you removed while you were rooted to upgrade. I took out City ID Amazon Mp3 and a couple of others that I don't remember. So it may be a wise idea to jot down what you take out just in case you need to get it back later.

Fortunately for me I only removed about 4 or 5 apps that I removed. So when I get to that part of the install it will ask where those apps are and I'll have to get an apk file and install it.

Also if you do remove apps do not remove the blur. That I understand is difficult if not impossible to replace.

mikryd

Reaction score
In list of devices it says works on droid 1 (2.2.1) maybe i'm missing something here but, don't you have to be rooted to get 2.2.1 on your Droid 1 in the first place?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In list of devices it says works on droid 1 (2.2.1) maybe i'm missing something here but, don't you have to be rooted to get 2.2.1 on your Droid 1 in the first place?
As of right now yes you do... I'm with you, makes no sense :icon_ poke:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread hook. Looking to root my X just not sure which way to do it. Anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to Root the X?

Kobe24

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Droid, and I was wondering why is rooting my phone better? Just don't quite understand it..

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rooting your phone gains you access to previously locked out functions such as wifi tether and screen capture. It also gives you the ability to flash roms(a developer modified verson of the OS) and themes that can be placed on top of those roms to customize the phone to your liking.

@hook ok thanks. Now the next question can this program unroot my phone as well? If not what is the best way to unroot if needed. I like to be prepared. :)
Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.