State Of Note 4 Root, Now One Step Closer

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I won't bore you with useless commentary on the state of Root for the Note 4. We will get right to it. The big news here is that there are still a handful of developers and security experts that are hacking away at this. While they are still a few steps off they have made a bit of progress. In order to root the AT&T and Verizon Note 4 both a kernel exploit and an Android OS exploit will be needed. We now have a confirmed kernel exploit. We also have a method to apply the same exploit. Currently the developers for this root method are working on an Android exploit that will grant us System UID in order to apply the kernel exploit and write root. Their is not a confirmed Android exploit, but there is a current target. The focus now is to create an apk that can deploy the root method simply for everyone. This is exciting, but we may still be waiting a while.

Via XDA

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Such hoops to jump through to do something so simple on your own personal device. Not everyone wants the security Samsung is trying to offer. Businesses, sure. Us individuals, not really. Why did I leave Samsung devices, stuff like this. Why did I get a Nexus 6, stuff like this.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
tumblr_miokdviirx1s67vyfo4_250_zps8a4737c4.gif

ghfgh_zpsabcc7d75.gif

excellent-we-will-proceed-with-the-plan_zps473edd4f.jpg

clapping.gif

tumblr_mc3gcwi5cx1rifnrio7_250.gif