z4Root - One Step Rooting for Many Android Devices!!

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so will this work on a droid running FRG22D or only above or below that?

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i kinda want to go into verizon root a floor model and install a rom and theme and overclock it

*Luke*

Reaction score
Droid 2 one-click root application (Z4Root)

I just noticed this for the first time today and didn't see any threads on it yet...
It's called Z4Root (Put together by RyanZA over at XDA)... it's a one-click root app that works on multiple devices =)
Curious if anyone else has tried it out yet... This is the article I found on it

stangdroid

Reaction score
It worked great on my d2. Now I want to flash roms and themes. Do I need to deodex and run koushs bootstrap? If so, what's my next step since I used this app? I already have koushs app downloaded. My d1 was rooted with bb and I loved it. Just new to the d2 until I get my X next month. Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

lweisman

Reaction score
I just downloaded z4root and I was wondering if someone could tell me their fave root apps so I know what to do after I root my phone! Never done it before.

Thanks!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wifi tether and screen capture.
I would look at installing a custom rom and maybe a theme as well.

stangdroid

Reaction score
Wifi tether and screen capture.
I would look at installing a custom rom and maybe a theme as well.

I have had no luck yet with this question. What steps are next to add a custom rom and theme? My d1 was pretty easy, not familiar with d2 yet. I have seen a couple people ask but no good answer/tutorial. Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

dirtnasty

Reaction score
Z4root

Ok so I rooted my phone what's the big deal about it what is it that your supposed to do that's so different pls let me know

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now that your are rooted you can use features such as wifi tether and screen capture. You can also remove the bloatware that comes on your phone. If you so choose you can even install a custom rom(a modified version of the OS) and then a theme on top of that rom to further customize the appearance of your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.

electricme

Reaction score
My Samsung Epic 4G GalaxyS is STUCK on "exploit" z4Root

I just tried running z4Root (primarily so I could uninstall the crap that was foisted on me by Sprint) and it seems to be stuck. It says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access" at the bottom, and the pinwheel indicator stopped turning. Tried to turn it off and couldn't. I tried to shut it down by pressing the "x" and power button and it still wont turn off. WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Please tell me i didn't brick it.

electricme

Reaction score
I just tried running z4Root (primarily so I could uninstall the crap that was foisted on me by Sprint) and it seems to be stuck. It says "Running exploit in order to obtain root access" at the bottom, and the pinwheel indicator stopped turning. Tried to turn it off and couldn't. I tried to shut it down by pressing the "x" and power button and it still wont turn off. WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Please tell me i didn't brick it.

Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S
(4 days old w/ all updates)

Last edited:

dirtnasty

Reaction score
How do you remove the bloatware and I got busybox

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App