Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Vitticeps

Reaction score
If you report it stolen, they want a police report. Bad idea to call the cops and do that if it was not actually stolen.

My Droid was stolen last thursday. They don't ask you for a police report. Just got my replacement (refurbed) Droid yesterday. They only offered the old crap phones. I pushed the issue as much as I could be no one would budge. I used the argument that the Droid has a retail value of $549 and the others had retail values of $400 or less and that was not a comparable replacement. The Droid 2, X, and Inc all have comparable retail values. But like I said, the manager I spoke to said there was nothing he could do.

Guess it's all a matter of who you get on the line.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If you report it stolen, they want a police report. Bad idea to call the cops and do that if it was not actually stolen.

My Droid was stolen last thursday. They don't ask you for a police report. Just got my replacement (refurbed) Droid yesterday. They only offered the old crap phones. I pushed the issue as much as I could be no one would budge. I used the argument that the Droid has a retail value of $549 and the others had retail values of $400 or less and that was not a comparable replacement. The Droid 2, X, and Inc all have comparable retail values. But like I said, the manager I spoke to said there was nothing he could do.

Guess it's all a matter of who you get on the line.
same thing with me =[...the lady said that verizon only authoriszed them to offer those cheap downgrades

Reaction score
I went to verizon just now to see if this replacement thing was actually true and tried gettin my self a replacement for a droid 2. they said they didnt hear anything about this to call asurion. so i called them and after 30 mins of being on hold i was told that it was not possible to replace ur driod 1 for a droid 2. that it was un heard of. -___- wat a dissapointing day.

slinky

Reaction score
There is absolutely no truth about getting a Droid 2 or Droid X from what I know. They simply will not send out new phones of new models that haven't even been released. I was one of the fortunate ones and received an Incredible, which I realize I actually like after having my awesome Droid 1 keyboard (which now feels really slow by comparison.) You will only know what you can get after you make your claim. Anyone thinking it's worth intentionally breaking your phone and paying the $89 for the chance to get a better model is a little misguided, not just legally but practically.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
There is absolutely no truth about getting a Droid 2 or Droid X from what I know. They simply will not send out new phones of new models that haven't even been released. I was one of the fortunate ones and received an Incredible, which I realize I actually like after having my awesome Droid 1 keyboard (which now feels really slow by comparison.) You will only know what you can get after you make your claim. Anyone thinking it's worth intentionally breaking your phone and paying the $89 for the chance to get a better model is a little misguided, not just legally but practically.
i agree with you...please dnt break ur phone intentionally or have it "stolen"...ive had my droid with a broken screen for about 4 months lol withouht problems until last week when the crack got worse and now the touching isnt very accurate =[

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Oh, and for what it's worth, mine was genuinely stolen from my locker at the gym. Also, I only paid $50 for my deductible. Not sure why my price didn't go up. Maybe because I've had my account since PrimeCo days and have always had insurance. A great-grandfather clause of some sort?

kevind

Reaction score
Just called to get a replacement for my droid with keyboard problems. They are sending me a replacement Droid. They told me they aren't able to offer any substitute phone.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
They only offer alternatives when they are out of stock on the current model. When I made my claim last week they were out of Droids. The got more in stock on wednesday this week.

aero313

Reaction score
this has happened to me before with my Voyager. it gave out on me and Asurion sent me the Env Touch as a replacement. so it wouldnt surprise me if they do this with a upgrade from the D1 simply because they already stopped making the D1

slinky

Reaction score
Oh, and for what it's worth, mine was genuinely stolen from my locker at the gym. Also, I only paid $50 for my deductible. Not sure why my price didn't go up. Maybe because I've had my account since PrimeCo days and have always had insurance. A great-grandfather clause of some sort?

I used to have the same and I almost fell off my seat when I found out about the deductible being $89. I plan to have a call with my verizon reps about this. Either way, for getting the Incredible I decided not to complain, take it, and discuss it later.

Freelancer

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone go break your phones, cash in your warranties/Asurion claims, and be sent a refurb.

Then when all the refurbs are gone I'll swoop in and get the D2. dancedroid

I agree with slinky -it seems a little misguided, if not risky for any (real) future problems you may have, as I'm sure they do keep track of claims and attempts at free upgrades. We all know too that just handing out D2s wouldn't make good business sense, and if consumers cheat or otherwise force the system to upgrade them for free, we all also know that the money lost just turns into higher prices and finer print for all of us in the future.

/2¢

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
They only offer alternatives when they are out of stock on the current model. When I made my claim last week they were out of Droids. The got more in stock on wednesday this week.

darn. missed it by a week then. just called cause my droid's been messing up lately, they said they had droid 1's in the warehouse and would send me a refurb overnight

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
I just contacted Asurion on line in reference to a warranty for my daughters Droid because the screan is shattered. I was told no Droids in stock and I was offered aN HTC Incredible as a replacement. I declined and was told replacement will be back ordered until unknown date. Corporate store told me to call and demand Droid X. Will update with progress.dancedroid

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just contacted Asurion on line in reference to a warranty for my daughters Droid because the screan is shattered. I was told no Droids in stock and I was offered aN HTC Incredible as a replacement. I declined and was told replacement will be back ordered until unknown date. Corporate store told me to call and demand Droid X. Will update with progress.dancedroid
WHY THE [heck] would u not get an incredible dude i would of jumped right on that lol

**mod edit

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
My bad I mispoke they offered me the LG Ally, Motorola Devour or the HTC Eris not the incredible. I thought they said incredible but they laughed and said no way. Also told me they have up to thirty days to replace the phone.