Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

jdsingle

Reaction score
Sounds wayyyyy too good to be true. New Droid 2 when I am sure they can get D1 refurbs? Not likely. I will stick with my D1

straightahead

Reaction score
iv had my phone replaced two times in the last week and i have gotten droid 1 for droid 1's this sounds like a great hype that is just plainly that ,nice reeading material that would bever happen...so as of this moment i have had 5 droids and the 6th due to arrive wed....no one has ever asked if i would like a upgrade and i was even complaining,,,,,

Jmart922

Reaction score
I remember the original thread about all this ballywhoo, and I called asurion that same day and spoke to a lady who told me people were sending back all these replacements they didn't feel was of equal value, being very true. And I was told by that lady, not some supervisor, that if I were to call the next day and say I needed a replacement for my droid and would like to know if there are incredibles available for replacement if no droid 1s are then I should get one, and she said if my phones was not working she could put the order right through, no problem, so I guess it depends on who you get and if you call, being extra nice couldn't hurt either

Ghost Rider

Reaction score
I have spoken to three different people today including one supervisor. They all told me the droid is on back order and they could give me the Ally Eris or Devour as a comparable replacement. They told me Verizon would not allow anything but those as replacements. I kindly declined and explained to them that they are in no way equal to the droid running Froyo. They said they didn't even know about the 2.2 update. I will unfortunately wait for the Droid to come off of back order instead of going backwards in technology.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I recently got a Droid 1 replacement through insurance - they wanted to give me a Devour instead of a Droid and I fought it, ended up getting another Droid 1 from the store. The insurance company said they didn't have the Droid 1 anymore.

W

warp

5, 6 replacements? Damn... I have yet to ever send in a phone for warranty exchange or file a claim. Either some of you just abuse your phones or you're just trying to fake a claim to get a free upgrade if you ask me.

ndhill1976

Reaction score
5, 6 replacements? Damn... I have yet to ever send in a phone for warranty exchange or file a claim. Either some of you just abuse your phones or you're just trying to fake a claim to get a free upgrade if you ask me.

Once you send your phone in the first time for a warranty issue you will start receiving refurbished replacements. It is very likely that you will have more problems with a refurb. So if your original phone has a problem, you will probably burn through several phones till you get a good refurb or talk them in to giving you another new one.

vzwmandroid

Reaction score
Lucky for me my replacement device was a droid x!
Just like that i went from a droid to a droid x and the best part was that i did pay ****
verizon is the ****

W

warp

Once you send your phone in the first time for a warranty issue you will start receiving refurbished replacements. It is very likely that you will have more problems with a refurb. So if your original phone has a problem, you will probably burn through several phones till you get a good refurb or talk them in to giving you another new one.

Yeah but 5 or 6 replacements? That's either bad luck or user error. My mom had to send in her 9700 for replacement once and the refurbished model has been working great. I don't see how someone would be willing to go through that many replacements without thinking of switching to a different phone.

jdsingle

Reaction score

Believe it or not, not all phones are perfect. I've gone through a number of Motorola Q's and Samsung Alias 2's not because I was misusing the phone and far from trying to get an upgrade. My Droid has had no problems yet.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please watch the language and trying to beat the swear filter. Just a friendly reminder please.

jim6172

Reaction score
Wow my first post been lurking for about 5 months never had the need to post because I always found the answer on these forums .
To make a long story short the warehouse is out of droid 1s because they replaced my dead one with a D2 today its not much of a change except for the new keyboard and enough bloat to choke a horse, maybe eventually ill remove it the new colors,rounded corners , same creen almost feel like home.
just gonna take some getting used to I guess

bizzshow

Reaction score
who did you order yours through because i just ordered mine today and i have a a855 coming

jim6172

Reaction score
ordered it on the phone friday A855 droid 1 replacement supposed to be delivered today before noon, saturday delivery believe it or not , it was never shipped from the warehouse yesterday tracking number never issued and after 3 hours 12:30 to 15:30 today on the phone they told me the warehouse ran out of droids yesterday around noon and do not expect any for at least a week at best, so they sent me to a verizon corp store and we jumped through a few hoops and over a few supervisors in dallas and the combined wisdom (didn't seem like much at the time) issued me a D2 replacement,.
so you might check your order for a tracking number and be prepared for a battle if there is not one
jim