Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid2-inc.jpg

There is some good news for those that might have to seek warranty replacement for your phone. According to a recent post on Droid-Life.com, Asurion has offered to replace some customers using the Motorola Droid and HTC Eris with a Motorola Droid 2 or HTC Incredible.

We’ve heard from 2 readers, one who had the option to replace their 3rd refurbished Droid Eris with either a Droid 2 or an Incredible and another who was able to swap out a 4th refurb’d Droid 1 for a D2. And we’re not talking insurance claims here, this is straight up warranty swapping.

Source: Verizon Offering DROID 2 and Incredible as Warranty Replacements?

W

warp

Wow! Talk about a free upgrade there. Kinda like what happened to me except I upgraded to the X through a new line but CS cancelled that line for me for free and let me keep my individual plan. :D

chadamir

Reaction score
I had to get mine replaced yesterday and it was a straight swap for a droid. It's not unusual for them to give you something better if it has broken a few times.

Nibbz

Reaction score
im not gonna go and break my phone or anything, and you shouldnt either,a lot of stores still have droid 1 refurbs. im gonna wait until january or so, maybe something on my phone will fudge up, i do have a question tho. what are some common accepted claims? or common problems the droid may get

hubdroid

Reaction score
Got my replacement yesterday via UPS and it was a might D1. Nice surprise was after the activation it notified my of an updated. 5 minutes later I was also rolling with 2.2. As a side note all 90 apps automatically downloaded and installed. Haven't had a single issue.

khaf

Reaction score
I had a loose screen and messed up audio jack. I called today and a rep said I'd be getting a certified like new replacement by Monday. Hope they finally get it rite this time. My wife had to get her droid replaced twice and now the same for me.

Regulator

Reaction score
motorola-droid2-inc.jpg

There is some good news for those that might have to seek warranty replacement for your phone. According to a recent post on Droid-Life.com, Asurion has offered to replace some customers using the Motorola Droid and HTC Eris with a Motorola Droid 2 or HTC Incredible.

We’ve heard from 2 readers, one who had the option to replace their 3rd refurbished Droid Eris with either a Droid 2 or an Incredible and another who was able to swap out a 4th refurb’d Droid 1 for a D2. And we’re not talking insurance claims here, this is straight up warranty swapping.

Source: Verizon Offering DROID 2 and Incredible as Warranty Replacements?

I called today after hearing this, talked to supervisors and everything the most they offered me was an early upgrade due to me having 4 droids replaced. They said they didnt have any refurbished droid 2 devices. My scheduled upgrade isnt until dec 24 2011

gmorgan056

Reaction score
I got the OTA update last night, come to find out that update somehow disabled my Android Market. Everytime I try to download an app, it force closes. So VZ has to send me a new Droid. I tried talking to Asurion, they told me they didn't have any Droid 2's.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I got the OTA update last night, come to find out that update somehow disabled my Android Market. Everytime I try to download an app, it force closes. So VZ has to send me a new Droid. I tried talking to Asurion, they told me they didn't have any Droid 2's.
wtf...all u had to do was force close the market and restart it...i think its stupid of verizon to send u a new phone lol

gmorgan056

Reaction score
[/quote]wtf...all u had to do was force close the market and restart it...i think its stupid of verizon to send u a new phone lol[/QUOTE]

They did that, they forced closed it, even reset the factory settings, didn't do anything, still kept force closing. It wouldn't let me download anything.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I't doubtfull that on your first replacement that you'll be offered one ...

yamaha83

Reaction score
do they even keep track of how many replacements you have had? i rememebr going in a few times with other phones and having them ask if i have ever had to replace the phone before...? so in theory coulnt you just say you have had to replace it a bunch of times?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I have to admit, I am intrigued with the DX. IT is already rooted and possibly getting Froyo 2.2. I went to the VZW store today because my keyboard is loose, that I could live with, but my power button is stuck. It is hard to power the phone on and off. They are sending me a replacement D1. Thinking about selling it when it comes on Monday and buying the DX with an upgrade. If the DPro is just a World Edition of the D2 and we won't see any LTE phones until 2011, the DX might be a good look for this year.

kastj

Reaction score
So you have to call them if you want to shoot for an upgrade? My droid took a quick dip in the pool and I filed the claim online. My new droid original is on the way. Honestly how many people have received these supposed upgrades? It all seems like rumors to me at the moment.