If Droid 1 is discontinued and you need a replacement under warranty, what happens?

justin090435

Reaction score
im playing with my new d2 warrenty replacement for a d1..... they told me i was getting a refurb, apparently they were out of stock, and it was quicker to give me a d2 that was supposedly on back order.

Dragoro

Reaction score
You will get a refurb droid.

Owned.

not gonna lie.. you're probably not going to get one

Owned.

Dro and Dragoro, what happened to your phones that... warranted the replacement[/QUOTE]

Well I dropped it one too many times but didnt mention that. My screen started randomly stop working. Brought it into the store, told em the screen would randomly not come on. They didnt even look at it, just ordered a warranty replacement for me. Told me it was going to be a droid 1. When I got home today and opened the fed ex box, it was a droid 2.

dro-idiot

Reaction score
You will get a refurb droid.

Owned.

not gonna lie.. you're probably not going to get one

Owned.

Dro and Dragoro, what happened to your phones that... warranted the replacement

major lag (3-5 seconds from the time you press something and the time it would react) and would periodically get locked up on the phone screen and i would have to do a batt pull to get going again.

713King

Reaction score
Well all the refurb phones are crap. I got 4 of them and all had issues, if that happens to you tell them you want a phone equal to the droid and not a lesser phone. The droid was 199 and devour 149 they can't do that they must be out of their mind

jfreckles

Reaction score
I argued with the rep for an hour and he refused to give me a replacement that wasn't a lesser phone such as the ally, devour, or eris. I cant believe some of you got a incredible or droid 2.

Dragoro

Reaction score
I argued with the rep for an hour and he refused to give me a replacement that wasn't a lesser phone such as the ally, devour, or eris. I cant believe some of you got a incredible or droid 2.

We were doing warranty returns, not insurance claims. Warranty is through motorolla, insurance is through a seperate company.

jfreckles

Reaction score

We were doing warranty returns, not insurance claims. Warranty is through motorolla, insurance is through a seperate company.

I had the Insurance company send me a phone and it had a one year warranty.