Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
do they even keep track of how many replacements you have had? i rememebr going in a few times with other phones and having them ask if i have ever had to replace the phone before...? so in theory coulnt you just say you have had to replace it a bunch of times?
Ummm, yes, they keep tabs on the number of phones that have been put on your line(s). Everything is documented, trust me, I know from first hand experience.

Reaction score
ok so i got the droid one and lately its been making this static noise randomly even when its on vibrate and my keyboard is really starting to bubble up and make it hard for me to type now.. if i go to verizon and complain like a little girl that lost her balloon will i get a droid 2 ? i do have warranty on it and insurance if it matters

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Hmm

I've been doing that for a while now. When a verizon phone stops being made if your phone is still under warranty ( the one year factory warranty) they will replace it with the next phone up.

leoiden

Reaction score
I've been doing that for a while now. When a verizon phone stops being made if your phone is still under warranty ( the one year factory warranty) they will replace it with the next phone up.
from my personal experience back when i had a touch pro ended up having it replaced by asurion after the 3rd replacement with a tp2 when it first came out,and thats after asking to speak to a supervisor!

moneymatt

Reaction score
ok so i got the droid one and lately its been making this static noise randomly even when its on vibrate and my keyboard is really starting to bubble up and make it hard for me to type now.. if i go to verizon and complain like a little girl that lost her balloon will i get a droid 2 ? i do have warranty on it and insurance if it matters

Yes.

Just make sure to work your way up to the manager, then customer service, and then the manager of customer service..

I was originally swapped a droid-1 for a storm 11 months ago..

a couple of weeks ago i was swapped a droid-2 for a droid-1 with a defective screen.

***** like a hungry school-girl and go right to the front of the line.

hart.jordan

Reaction score
motorola-droid2-inc.jpg

There is some good news for those that might have to seek warranty replacement for your phone. According to a recent post on Droid-Life.com, Asurion has offered to replace some customers using the Motorola Droid and HTC Eris with a Motorola Droid 2 or HTC Incredible.

We’ve heard from 2 readers, one who had the option to replace their 3rd refurbished Droid Eris with either a Droid 2 or an Incredible and another who was able to swap out a 4th refurb’d Droid 1 for a D2. And we’re not talking insurance claims here, this is straight up warranty swapping.

Source: Verizon Offering DROID 2 and Incredible as Warranty Replacements?

I called today after hearing this, talked to supervisors and everything the most they offered me was an early upgrade due to me having 4 droids replaced. They said they didnt have any refurbished droid 2 devices. My scheduled upgrade isnt until dec 24 2011

This is the exact same upgrade date that I have... exact same!!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is reassuring to know, because the eris/devour thing would have been unacceptable

kd8fre

Reaction score
one guy said he reported his phone lost and got a droid 2 whats the diffrence between losing a phone and reporting it stolen?

If you report it stolen, they want a police report. Bad idea to call the cops and do that if it was not actually stolen.

bronx finest

Reaction score
Just had mine replaced, D1 replacement on it's way.

My screen legitimately started selecting a lot of crap that I didn't select myself so I called, they are sending me 2day FedEx another OG Droid.

Wish they offered me something else, but I understand there's enough stock in refurbs to keep from doing that, and then again them giving away newer devices won't make sense financially.

If this next one is a POS though, I will be escalating my call.

dumpyloser

Reaction score

My screen legitimately started selecting a lot of crap that I didn't select myself so I called, they are sending me 2day FedEx another OG Droid.

Wish they offered me something else, but I understand there's enough stock in refurbs to keep from doing that, and then again them giving away newer devices won't make sense financially.

Pretty much the same story here. They didn't want to replace it at all, for my charging problems, but I got a D1 on its way. If this refurb stinks, then I might cause a stink too. I have had 4 droids.

DanielC

Reaction score

Pretty much the same story here. They didn't want to replace it at all, for my charging problems, but I got a D1 on its way. If this refurb stinks, then I might cause a stink too. I have had 4 droids.

Called yesterday for the same issues. On it's way dancedroid