Yes, I've done a search, about 4 hours worth but still need help or confirmation.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, I am so sorry. And especially having a two month old, this is not something you need to deal with. And btw, congratulations on the new addition in your life.

Yahoo manual settings:
Incoming:
Server- android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 993
Security type - SSL

Outgoing:
Server - android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 465
Security type - SSL

One last thing... log into your Verizon account online. Look for the Back Up Assistant online. Delete any email accounts that may be being backed up via BUA. That was one thing we tried when I talked to Verizon when I had the same problem.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
Wow, I am so sorry. And especially having a two month old, this is not something you need to deal with. And btw, congratulations on the new addition in your life.

Yahoo manual settings:
Incoming:
Server- android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 993
Security type - SSL

Outgoing:
Server - android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 465
Security type - SSL

One last thing... log into your Verizon account online. Look for the Back Up Assistant online. Delete any email accounts that may be being backed up via BUA. That was one thing we tried when I talked to Verizon when I had the same problem.

No point in giving the outgoing settings as I never get to that point. ;)

Those are the settings I have repeatedly tried to no avail. On the Verizon web site, it tells me
I need to complete the setup to access the BUA. I am not inclined to do so as it may further
complicate matters, unless you think it best.

Thanks...yea, my free time is sporadic at best and far fewer now...but when he sleeps, I can get stuff done.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No, do not complete the set up. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't already in there. If you call or go to Verizon (which might be more productive than Costco...not sure how much Costco knows about troubleshooting phones), you can ask if it's possible that BUA could be causing the problem. They can check on their end. Verizon may end up sending you another phone. And if they do, we can still trouble shoot this phone until it comes time to send one back (either the replacement or the original, depending on which one we get success).

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
I went to Verizon today....I can't explain how this happened....

He tried on my phone using the Yahoo! icon within the native mail app
and received the same username/password BS I did.

I suppose he had to....but he had me log in using a tablet on display to
verify I know my own password. While I was logging off, he was doing
something on my phone and viola! it logged in. I did not get to see how
or what he did and he insists he did nothing special but my Yahoo! mail
for at least one account is now on the phone.

I asked Verizon but he didn't know, can this phone play MKV files?

buldog

Reaction score
I asked Verizon but he didn't know, can this phone play MKV files?

If not, I've had good luck with MX Player, played a couple oddly formatted videos for work. MKV show up in the settings for that player.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hallelujah zenica! Wish I know what he did but who cares, it worked!

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
Buldog, thanks for the tip...I've used it on my iPhone, forgot to check if they had an Android version.

TisMyDroid, I too would like to know....the odd thing, now I have the Yahoo! mail app whereas before
I did not. I wonder if there is a correlation.

Just for fun, I ran the Speedtest.net app on this Verizon phone, my AT&T iPhone, my wifes iPhone
and an iPhone 5 on 4G in an AT&T store.

I get between 6 and 15mbs.

All of the AT&T phones get between 568kb to 3.8mbs, truly sad.

I took a video of the store's iPhone 5 to post on YouTube!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That is a good question if there might be a correlation...maybe not for speed but for location or for which servers your connected to. I used to have a problem with my road runner address that it sometimes would not fetch mail unless I was home connected to my WiFi and it never would send unless the same.

There have been some people that have reported poor radio performance with the Razr M but mine has been pretty decent. Like you, for the fun of it, I ran speedtest. I got 24.6 down/6.33 up.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just have Yahoo or Hotmail or whatever, forward your emails to one that works, until this issue is resolved...

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
I have another question for you guys...and I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or post here so...
MODs, let me know...

My query is this, according to this Verizon KB I should
have a text option in this menu from the Gallery yet, I do not. I was drafting a group MMS, then changed my mind and canceled the message. I went
back in to do them separately but the text option is no longer present. How did I delete it and how do I restore it?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Try restarting your phone. It should not have disappeared. Hopefully restarting your phone will fix it.

buldog

Reaction score
Haven't had an issue like that, still gotta say with all these "issues" that others don't seem to have, wondering if you got a bad phone or an app that's wrecking havoc in different ways on your system.

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
Rebooting has not resolved it....that was the first thing I tried before
searching the KB. I couldn't even find an article for my issue.

:(

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't have the M, but instead the RAZR MAXX, so I'm still on ICS, however I have that option. For my phone, I have to select the pic first (rather than press and hold), and once the pic is being viewed, if I tap the pic the share icon appears. In the share menu, text is an option and it converts the text to MMS to include the pic.

I don't know if this information is either helpful or relevant, considering you are most likely on Jelly Bean.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes FoxKat, it works the same on JB. Once you tap the pic, the choice to share appears, then text should be one of the options.