Yes, I've done a search, about 4 hours worth but still need help or confirmation.

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'll be starting another thread about the phones overall performance and a few questions
as this phone compares to the HD version and other Motorola phones but for right now I still
have "mail" issues.

I had enjoyed reliable email on my phone for all of about a week before this started happening.

I open the native email app to check for new mail, when I see none (after a period of time where I know
for certain that there is new mail....as I saw it in Outlook without opening it), I click on the refresh icon.

Then, at the bottom of the screen it says "username or password incorrect (****@aol.com)", when I click it
the screen changes to "checking for existing accounts..." briefly before settling to "An error has occurred.
Select one of the accounts below to re-validate your accounts. The account name is based on an existing
email address which is associated with your account."

This screen is where it shows all but one of my email accounts. Oddly, it left out one Hotmail account while
including another. When I select an account...and I have tried them all...it proceeds to tell me "Synchronizing
Accounts" with "Restoring account information" followed by "The password and username you entered did not
authenticate with your email provider. Please try again." Only when I select the single Hotmail account do I
get a different error "Unable to connect to the server at this time. Please try again".

I have to ask...WTF??!!

Is this a lemon phone? Should I be trying a different Android phone? I love that the flash at illwillpress.com
will play but I've gotta tell ya, I'm not really taking a liking to these headaches.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The first most probable solution is making sure you have a good internet/ data connection. If the connection times out in the process of retrieving your mail, then it could return any of those errors.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
I disabled the wifi because I grew tired of re-entering the 14 character
password for the network. It asks for it every few minutes at times and
it was easier to switch to the 4G. I have 3 bars of cellular data reception
but I will try over the wifi.

edit:

Also, I've just been reminded of the other wifi issue why I turned it off.
My router has two signals, 2.4GHz and 5Ghz so I have both available. It will
show one with full signal, connect to it, then drop that signal to near zero
even if I am 2 feet from the antenna. It does this for both frequencies.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Gee Zenica, those problems are ridiculous with WiFi. You should not have to keep entering your password and you should be able to maintain the connection.

One thing you may want to try is go into your WiFi advanced settings and uncheck “Avoid poor connections." That way if your router is giving off bad signal or has weak connection, you're not dropping the WiFi.

Why you need to keep entering the password should not happen. It should remember the pw. I'm beginning to wonder if your phone is a lemon.

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
If I disable all encryption it will stay connected and of course, not harass me with the
password. This had no affect on the email issues, I am still prompted with "username or password incorrect ([email protected])".

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are you referring to the encryption on your router? Your phone should only ask for the password once and then remember it everytime you connect to that WiFi unless the WiFi pw frequently changes.

I am at a loss as to why you're getting the email errors again.

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
Yes, the routers wifi encryption. I removed the broadcast of the wireless name so
at least it won't show up in anyone's wifi finder.

Motorola Level Two Tech Support is as useful as mammary glands on a bull. Verizon
wasn't much better, they wiped the phone clean and of course, it loaded one email
account and they considered it job well done.

While at Verizon someone showed me an app to play flash on the iPhone....so with
all of these issues, I'm feeling a tug towards the familiar.

I do like this phone but if these email issues crop up again, I'm not doing an FFR
every week.

robbflu

Reaction score
same issue

my wife has the same issue with her Razr M. except it is a Yahoo account. It was working for a little while and then she started getting the same messages as below. It wont let us delete the account and add it back. I did a factory reset but then let it restore settings from Google backup and still have same issue with the Yahoo mail account

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
I did not restore from Google, I restored from My Backup Pro, a third party software app that I bought
to backup the phone since I was doing a reset. Perhaps that may help you...although if the data itself
is corrupt, you may not be able to use any backup.

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
Well, I had more email issues so I traded the phone in for a RAZR HD.

Wish me luck...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Whoa zenica, that's awesome! Have fun with the HD!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think my next upgrade (March) might be for the note 2. Going from my small Razr M to the huge N2 may be a challenge though.

OP
Z

Zenica

Reaction score
So far, I've had the HD for a week and I like it a lot.

It does beep in my ear with every incoming email/text/alert
and I have yet to figure a way to disable that, as it was one
of the reasons I dumped the iPhone...can't disable that type
of notification without disabling ALL notifications.

Any ideas how this is done on the HD?

Oh, I need a good case....ideas?

I have not seen the Note 2, how big are we talking? Iconia size?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't use the stock text or email so I'm not 100% sure but you can try to go into the individual email and text apps' settings and modify notification alerts from there. Using third party apps for text and email (gosms and enhance email), I disable the stock notification alerts and with those third party apps I can set up how I want my notifications.

Oh, the answer/suggestions to other questions... I always use gel cases for my phones. They seem to give good bounce protection and not a lot of bulk or weight.

The note 2 is huge compared to the Razr M and big compared to the HD (HD screen size is 4.7" where the N2 is 5.5").