WWF (from YEARS ago!)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;IshmcyAGp2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IshmcyAGp2o&feature=PlayList&p=BF6145E2FD6BD555&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - The Monday Night War - WWE VS WCW[/video]

competition made it great

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Killer B's, Men on a Mission, The Sheepherders (that was their WCW name, forget their WWF name), Demolition, Tony Atlas, Chief J Strongbow, those were the names when I watched. I don't give 2 craps anymore, the storylines back in the days were much better than the crap today.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who was the Manager with the tennis raquet, the Rock N' Roll Express and the British Bulldogs, personal favs

Edit: Jim Cornette

Today it's about the UFC

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Killer B's, Men on a Mission, The Sheepherders (that was their WCW name, forget their WWF name), Demolition, Tony Atlas, Chief J Strongbow, those were the names when I watched. I don't give 2 craps anymore, the storylines back in the days were much better than the crap today.

agree.....when wcw was a separate company they pushed each other to make each other better. Every week they did what they could to out do each other. I hate that I got my wish for them to combine. That was the worse thing that could have happen to that sport/entertainment.
With out pure competition there is no story or no match to put on in order to out do the competition.
So in essence wrestling is dead to me.

Reaction score
I was a fan of Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and of course THE HULKAMANIA! (sorry caps). Its great looking up the old youtube videos of The Hulkster referring to us as the Hulkamaniacs. I thought it was at its prime when Stone Cold and The Rock were the competing superstars. My roommates still watch it, but its just not the same...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Pure entertainment...In other words 100% Fake....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wrestling was much more entertaining back in the day.

It's always been a big fake soap opera but now-a-days it's absolutely ridiculous.
There aren't the big names like back in the day, the great rivalries, and the simple story lines.

Now it's way too over the top for me to even give a rat's hind quarter's.

PLUS....

Now there's UFC... who wants to watch fake fighting when the real stuff is available?
I'll watch the NFL if I wanna see some juice monkeys flying around :)

S

scrub175

Which golden age of wrestling. The old time stuff Hogan, macho man, ted dibiase, steamboat, muta, even the cheesy old NWA interview set with the four horsemen.

Then I thing the era that surpassed old time... Hall, nash hogan with the NWO. the start of the stone cold, rock era concurrent. What good times.

All in all the old days was much better than today's rotating talent to keep two different brands alive. (ECW, WWE). Miss the old times and hate to see the bigger names passing away or killing themselves.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i hate WWE. I loved WCW. I watch occasionally now TNA where you can find Hogan, Bischoff, Big Sexy, Scott Hall, Six Pock. They just signed all the old ECW wrestlers for those of you who enjoy tacks being stuck in somebody's face. And they have some great young talent.

The best era? It may have been before WWWF (that's not a typo) existed, when it was all small promotions. I was a kid then and I believed it was real.

In Los Angeles we had the WWA with Pedro Morales, Mark Lewan. All before Vince McMahn came around.

NWA with the Horsemen were great. Flair and Steamboat. Great matches.

I really liked WCW. NWO 4 Life. They almost took McMahan out.

I wouldn't give UFC the time of day.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Hulkster, Andre the Giant, Junk Yard Dog, Steamboat, British Bulldogs, Iron Sheik, Sgt. Slaughter, Macho Man.. too many to list. I went to one of the 1st Wrestlemania's in Pontiac when I was like 8... Good stuff...

Joker

Reaction score
For those WWF watchers back in the days, do any of you remember the animated show? Don't know what it was called, but I do remember watching that as well. :)