WWF (from YEARS ago!)

S

scrub175

Hulkster, Andre the Giant, Junk Yard Dog, Steamboat, British Bulldogs, Iron Sheik, Sgt. Slaughter, Macho Man.. too many to list. I went to one of the 1st Wrestlemania's in Pontiac when I was like 8... Good stuff...

That wasn't only one of the first WM's, it was also the largest audience to see an indoor sporting event of all time. Not sure if it still holds the record.

ChugIt

Reaction score
It was WrestleMania III and it was 93,173 people. Yes the record stands today. My mother took my brother and I, truly one of the main highlights of my childhood!
My brother and I are actually currently re-collecting all of the LJN WWF figures. We've got 2 rings (1 in the box) and 1 cage (in the box) and many loose figures. We are almost ready to start collecting the MOC (Mint On Card) figures once we get a few more loose ones.

I almost died in a car accident in September. I will be 36 August 8th. After making it through, my brother and I had many long discussions about life. Growing up the WWF was our favorite thing in the world. We are collecting these figures so that we can look at them and reminisce our lives a bit. It's a damn shame that Vince took them in a totally different direction and ruined wrestling. Yes us fans know it was/is fake, but that didn't matter. I have fond memories of the good old days of the WWF and I will always hold them in my heart.

I sort of got into WCW during the Monday Night Wars, but I had given up on the WWF around 1993 or so and never looked back. I tried to watch it several times but ended up feeling like I wasted my time. For me, about 1984-1993 was the best years of the WWF. I know some will have their own opinions, and that is fine too. I think we can all agree it is pure junk now though, very sad.

Oh and Joker: It was called Hulk Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling. I watched it faithfully every Saturday morning!

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
Thanks for the name update. Oh the good ole days of Saturday Morning Cartoons.