Working on a new UD theme [Theme name pending]

OP
Adrioid

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lockscreen edits I can walk you thru. you know my number :)

Edit: I can also help you with the predictive text color change.

Check your PM.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What's up xkape? Are you back from Vacation :)

MBK- I'm having trouble coming up with colors that match the theme because text is white. I have to use dark colors and it's not looking right :icon_eek:

Merry X-Mas!

lockscreen edits I can walk you thru. you know my number :)

Edit: I can also help you with the predictive text color change.

Check your PM.

I was thinking about how your theme is coming along... then I remembered what you mentioned about the color contrast of the keyboard and what xkape just mentioned.....
so since you were cool enough to give me the OK to use your keyboard in my TruBlue theme, I thought I'd return a bit of the favor by making a LatinIme.apk with your keyboard PNGs, but 9patched so that you can decompile and recompile the apk itself rather than having to use a recompilable LatinIme.apk, then swapping in your graphics...

This one is with your keys grayscaled, and I will also make one with your keys white like your first post...that way you can test out different text colors (like the keys, candidates, etc) to see which looks best, but without having to copy in your keys PNGs over and over... this way all you have to do is decompile, edit your XMLs, and recompile, and test...
AdroidKybrdGrayscale9Patched.zip

I hope I explained it well enough :(... just wanted to help since you have been cool with me...

BTW, here's a screenshot of the gray keys, tried whiting them further but not sure that's what you wanted, let me know though...:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• snap20101230_094046.png
    snap20101230_094046.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 197

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I can't seem to get your glass keys to end up with the exact shade of white&gray as your screenshot, so if you upload them to me I can 9patch them for you so that you can just use that to decompile for XML edits... unless you already are set, but let me know...;)

steelersfan5692

Reaction score
How about naming it "White Out"?? Nice theme by the way!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ballmore

Reaction score
BUMP!!!!!!!

I figured that I'd give your thread a boost instead of sending you an email this time. I like the theme so far. I would like to see what you could do to the camera app though. I don't know if you tried to theme it yet but it wasn't themed in the zip that you sent me. If you hit the button icons with that cool blue that you use in your theme that'll be a sweet touch. It shouldn't be a deal breaker though.

My favorite parts have to be the transparent dropdown notification bar and the keyboard. I'd like the phone dialer a little more than I do now if you made the numbers that same color blue that you have on your letters in the keyboard. Please remember that my suggestions are not critasisms. <---- I didn't spell that word right did I? lol Not every themer themes the camera app and really at the end of the day you are making the theme to your taste. That is why you are doing this (to add your own flavor to U.D.)

You did a great job Adroid. I can't wait to see what the future brings us. Keep sending me those zips as you change stuff. I will be more than happy to sport any theme that you make as long as it's not an Iphone or Blackberry theme. haha. I'm proud of you buddy. Now I have to start making a theme. I'm getting way behind in all of the projects I'm working on at the moment.

OP
Adrioid

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
BUMP!!!!!!!

I figured that I'd give your thread a boost instead of sending you an email this time. I like the theme so far. I would like to see what you could do to the camera app though. I don't know if you tried to theme it yet but it wasn't themed in the zip that you sent me. If you hit the button icons with that cool blue that you use in your theme that'll be a sweet touch. It shouldn't be a deal breaker though.

My favorite parts have to be the transparent dropdown notification bar and the keyboard. I'd like the phone dialer a little more than I do now if you made the numbers that same color blue that you have on your letters in the keyboard. Please remember that my suggestions are not critasisms. <---- I didn't spell that word right did I? lol Not every themer themes the camera app and really at the end of the day you are making the theme to your taste. That is why you are doing this (to add your own flavor to U.D.)

You did a great job Adroid. I can't wait to see what the future brings us. Keep sending me those zips as you change stuff. I will be more than happy to sport any theme that you make as long as it's not an Iphone or Blackberry theme. haha. I'm proud of you buddy. Now I have to start making a theme. I'm getting way behind in all of the projects I'm working on at the moment.

That was a nice review you did there :) I was thinking about making the numbers on the dialer blue... but I didn't want to over due it. Maybe once UD 3.0 comes out, I'll make those changes and to the camera as well.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Adroid, since you probably haven't opened it up yet, the camera is only abour=t 20 or 30 images. Nothing major. Point is.. when/if you do it, have a smile on your face cause it's not a royal pain in the a like some other apps are.

OP
Adrioid

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK camera is done :)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol... I didn't think you would do it that fast.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App