Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Toshiba makes nice, but underrated, laptops. I like them. Bit of a dearth of USB ports, but that's acceptable to me. :)

Okay, you need to go to:

Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center> Manage Wireless Networks

Now delete your tethering profiles and try again.

BCool83

Reaction score
Okay. Are you running any kind of password or encryption on the tethering? Have you tried to repair the connection?
Yes, encryption with a passphrase. Initially I used the default phrase, but after deleting the original connection on my computer, the computer kept saying the phrase was wrong...so I changed it on the phone, then entered the new phrase on the comp, and it accepted it...

The comp doesn't give me a "Repair" option as it normally would when it can't connect to the network. It connects "fine," but with Limited Connectivity.

lakas187

Reaction score
How do you tether via usb? I only see wireless and bluetooth options..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
With a rooted Droid phone you can install the USB Tethering option from my signature, or use PDANet or EasyTether from the market if you're stock.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm posting via USB tether now!
Okay. I'm at a loss here. Can you connect any other device to the tether? Also, do you have any problems connecting via another hotspot? Do you have a firewall? Did you set it up as a home or public location?

lakas187

Reaction score
With a rooted Droid phone you can install the USB Tethering option from my signature, or use PDANet or EasyTether from the market if you're stock.

Thanks

Ok, so I have a rooted X. I want to be able to tether via usb but I have no idea how to do it. That link confused me. What am I supposed to do with that square graphic?