Wireless Tether troubleshooting

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Did you get the app from the market? If so it's terribly out of date and not as compatible. Try the one from my signature, also linked to here: Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code to see if it helps.

Are you sure your laptop can handle Ad-Hoc networking? It should, but there's always that possibility. Have you tried USB tethering?

What's interesting is that the latest build of Wireless Tether doesn't work for me. When I tried it it FC'd on me every time.

2.0.2 works like a charm for me, stable and runs great.

patron

Reaction score
U guys are sooo awesome thanx for the help!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

adamtylercho

Reaction score
wifi tether for dinc not working

i have tried barnacle i tried wifi tether i tried a newer version of the wifi tether i disabled acess control wifi tether is still not working on my droid incredible plz help

adamtylercho

Reaction score
it says unable to start tethering! please try again and i am trying to connect to my ipod

adamtylercho

Reaction score
yes i am running the latest virtous rom with stock kernel i was running adrynaly kernel i tried with both didnt work

adamtylercho

Reaction score
ok but even if i try to do it with my computer my wifi tether still dose not work it says unable to start tethering

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, trying to connect your computer to your phone is another matter entirely. :)

Your phone says unable to start tethering? Or the computer says it can't connect?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
iPods and Ad-Hoc tethering don't mix. Apple intentionally killed that capability in the hardware or in iOS, I forget which.

Lol android either. Androids only connect to infrastructure networks directly. There is a windows 7 app called connectify (can't try it yet, don't have windows 7) that shares any connection and allows your laptop to funtion like a router on the network for other devices.

Droidforums.net appified!