Wireless Tether troubleshooting

rosedognye

Reaction score
Not sure which of these fixed the problem but I flashed my router and reset the broadcast channel and downloaded the newest wireless tether sw w/ your sig and problem solved!

thnx FBM!

juststacey

Reaction score
help for tablet pc!!!

iPods and Ad-Hoc tethering don't mix. Apple intentionally killed that capability in the hardware or in iOS, I forget which.

Lol android either. Androids only connect to infrastructure networks directly. There is a windows 7 app called connectify (can't try it yet, don't have windows 7) that shares any connection and allows your laptop to funtion like a router on the network for other devices.

Droidforums.net appified!

is there a program i can download for windows vista for this? i can't get the velocity cruz tablet to connect the and ad-hoc connection either!!!

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
iPods and Ad-Hoc tethering don't mix. Apple intentionally killed that capability in the hardware or in iOS, I forget which.

So is there no hope in tethering to my ipad? I can't get it to work from my droid but when i tried from my friends x it worked like a charm. My ipad will connect but there wont be an internet connection when I try to do something

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
Either your friend is using the 3G hotspot and paying Verizon for the privilege or he used a VERY illegal hack on his phone. Don't ask about that hack.

No he just used the same wireless tether app that I have.. it was posted somewhere in the first couple pages of this thread.. also in someones sig(don't remember who)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
So your iPad will connect to his. Double-check the settings on his phone and duplicate them in yours. Maybe the iPad will become agreeable? We can hope. :)

Is the iPad jailbroken?

dodgersrgood

Reaction score

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Hey so I too am having issues with wireless connectivity. When I initally rooted(old school, rsd lite) I was using ud and tethered a few times no prob. I have tried a few diff roms since then but have ended up on miui. I have installed the latest v from ur signature and now atleast the comp shows a full signal. The problem is when I go to connwct it will show connecting but eventually just time out. I believe I have tried every combo tbhat I have seen from your earlier posts. Please help I have no internet(other than phone) and I'm stuck at the inlaws for christmas. Thx
Rev.

OP
jjhiza

jjhiza

Reaction score
I had issues with the latest version as well... I just ended up flashing back to 2.0.2, and it works fine. I run Lithium Mod NG, but the tether worked with MIUI 12.3.0 when I looked at it.

Sent from my Droid using a keyboard and my thumbs. Droid 1, running Lithium Mod NG v0.0.5 1ghz.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hey so I too am having issues with wireless connectivity. When I initally rooted(old school, rsd lite) I was using ud and tethered a few times no prob. I have tried a few diff roms since then but have ended up on miui. I have installed the latest v from ur signature and now atleast the comp shows a full signal. The problem is when I go to connwct it will show connecting but eventually just time out. I believe I have tried every combo tbhat I have seen from your earlier posts. Please help I have no internet(other than phone) and I'm stuck at the inlaws for christmas. Thx
Rev.
Sorry, I didn't see this post until just now.

Are you encrypting it at all?

rev.buttons

Reaction score
Rev.
Sorry, I didn't see this post until just now.

Are you encrypting it at all?

No I wasn't encrypting...but I did try that too

lakas187

Reaction score
When tethering, what type of speeds am I supposed to see?
I get about 1.4 mbps on the download and about 900 kbps on the upload direct from my phone. When I tether though, I get like 65-180 kbps down and 65k up....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App