Will you purchase the Droid Incredible?

anjen

Reaction score
Motorola Droid is fine

I considered the HTC, and I must admit it'd be nice to have that 8mp camera, but in light of the trade imbalance and the boost in price between the two phones, I'm just fine with what I have. I know some will consider only raw performance, but I feel a certain responsibility to forgo the slight improvements that the HTC design offers for profits flowing to a US company instead of the Chinese company. They already get plenty of profit...

In any case, either is an incredible leap from previous players in this market...from what I've seen the iphone will have to run hard to keep up in the long run, and with their continued iron curtain mentality, the gap will only grow with time.

It's been two weeks, and I'm still giddy from fiddling with the phone. Love the open environment, since it emulates the PC world from which I've derived so much pleasure over the years...

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea its funny....I love Windows desktop OS's to death. Linux? Hmmm I played with a few here n there. It was too much of a learning curve at the time. I LOVE Android phones. Windows phones? Hmmmm I used to....

IF Win phones move from resistive to capacitive screens I MIGHT try one again. But there are so many great apps either free of really, really cheap for Droid phones. And just seeing how things install/uninstall smoother on Android vs. Win phones, I might give a Linux desktop OS a spin again too.

cuskit

Reaction score
I was just "this close" to purchasing the new Incredible, but changed my mind at the last moment. Having only owned my Moto Droid since Nov 22, it's just too long until my NE2 - so I'd either have to take advantage of my wife's upgrade (eligible since last September) and pay another $30.00 per month for a data plan she won't use, or pay full price.

I can say the driving force seeking new was the fact that I never use my sliding keyboard anymore. Just too many typos as many here also state. But, is that enough reason to spend several hundred dollars? With the other new phones I'm seeing about to be introduced in the next couple of months - I'm holding on. Probably a mistake, this Incredible seems to be just that - INCREDIBLE!! :) But money is money, so I'm gonna hold out (Lord give me strength)! :) mikey

Joker

Reaction score
Nope, just got Droid, not due to upgrade for a looong time. However, next phone will be Android OS based.

Jllaugh

Reaction score
No way. I love my Droid too much and plan to use it until my contract renewal which is next summer. By then I'm hoping for 4G.. if it's not out by that point, something way better than the Incredible will be.

Plus, I really dislike HTC. I'll think I'll always use AndroidOS devices, but never with an HTC machine behind it. HTC phones are just so predictable and generic, bleh.

Guchi

Reaction score
I was just "this close" to purchasing the new Incredible, but changed my mind at the last moment. Having only owned my Moto Droid since Nov 22, it's just too long until my NE2 - so I'd either have to take advantage of my wife's upgrade (eligible since last September) and pay another $30.00 per month for a data plan she won't use, or pay full price.

I can say the driving force seeking new was the fact that I never use my sliding keyboard anymore. Just too many typos as many here also state. But, is that enough reason to spend several hundred dollars? With the other new phones I'm seeing about to be introduced in the next couple of months - I'm holding on. Probably a mistake, this Incredible seems to be just that - INCREDIBLE!! :) But money is money, so I'm gonna hold out (Lord give me strength)! :) mikey

you can use her upgrade and activate it on your line! thats what I did, and Droids ar going for $300+ on ebay i actually came out ahead $ wise upgrading to Incredible.

cuskit

Reaction score

you can use her upgrade and activate it on your line! thats what I did, and Droids ar going for $300+ on ebay i actually came out ahead $ wise upgrading to Incredible.
To get this straight - I use my wife's upgrade to get the new Incredible, sell my Droid and they assign my number to the Incredible, and she continues to use her current phone (Samsung) with her same number? Sounds too good to be true! :) mikey

Jllaugh

Reaction score
That's what my wife and I did.. I up for an upgrade but was waiting for the Droid so she used my upgrade to get a new phone on her line. Several months later her line was eligible, and the Droid had since been released, so I used her upgrade at that time to get myself the Droid dancedroid

Also.. Verizon may not say it, but they WILL allow you to use any eligible upgrade within 30 days of the eligibility date. My wife did it with my upgrade, and I did it when I used hers.. got my Droid about 28 days before her "official" upgrade date. You may have to talk to then for a minute but they CAN and WILL do it.

Guchi

Reaction score
and for $20 you can do it like 6 months early

AirForceE7

Reaction score
I Have Them Both Love Them Just The Same Just Like The Screen Better On The Incredible Thats All Thats About It

STiMULi

Reaction score
Got mine the other day. This is not my first SmartPhone but it is definitely the best. IMO It blows away the competition.dancedroid