Will you purchase the Droid Incredible?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
May pick it up in a month or so when a family's upgrade is due, cause they want a Droid, and mine has no problem handling high kernels/RSD Lite, so it may be a good trade off....Only thing I would really want the Incredible for is Sense UI...pretty disappointing that the GPU on the Incredible isn't as good as the Droid, especially when top notch Devs are starting to make Android games...Pete's BB V1.1 is supposed to have lag free scrolling, so maybe I'll just use that, and edit someone's Sense style launcher to make it look better.

lexynjoesmom

Reaction score
I just got my Droid but because it was buy on get one free, my 20 year old son is waiting for his Incredible to ship in a couple weeks. I didn't want full touch screen, so i am pretty happy so far.

droidblood

Reaction score
I hate to say, but I've lost a little sleep over this whole "this one or that one" experience. My verizon plan has been eligible for an upgrade for a couple years now. LOL. My fiance and I have had the same moto razrs for about three years now and for her birthday, she wanted a new phone. "Here we go" I thought. I've been looking at the "Droid" for a awhile anyway, and after I got her a palm pre, I thought "what the heck, let's do this". So after much surfing and asking questions, I almost went for the incredible $149 with 2 yr agreement. As I said, after muuuuuuuch research, I opted for the Moto Droid ($19.99). The incredible looked good in comparison (spec wise) but for no more than it has vs. the Droid, I ordered the Droid.

There seems to be much more tech support for the droid, more accessories, better compatibility(games, apps) not to mention the better stock battery, and slide out keyboard. Plus I just like the look and feel of the all-metal construction.

I don't even have it yet and I'm thinking of Overclocking maybe to 800 mhz. What would the other advantages of "rooting" be or "hacking".

Totally new to Droid, but I think I will enjoy being part of this "culture".

I'm glad I found this forum...

Guchi

Reaction score
wow as of right now 432 people are totally missing out!!! droid was cool, but damn!

cuskit

Reaction score
I hate to say, but I've lost a little sleep over this whole "this one or that one" experience. My verizon plan has been eligible for an upgrade for a couple years now. LOL. My fiance and I have had the same moto razrs for about three years now and for her birthday, she wanted a new phone. "Here we go" I thought. I've been looking at the "Droid" for a awhile anyway, and after I got her a palm pre, I thought "what the heck, let's do this". So after much surfing and asking questions, I almost went for the incredible $149 with 2 yr agreement. As I said, after muuuuuuuch research, I opted for the Moto Droid ($19.99). The incredible looked good in comparison (spec wise) but for no more than it has vs. the Droid, I ordered the Droid.

There seems to be much more tech support for the droid, more accessories, better compatibility(games, apps) not to mention the better stock battery, and slide out keyboard. Plus I just like the look and feel of the all-metal construction.

I don't even have it yet and I'm thinking of Overclocking maybe to 800 mhz. What would the other advantages of "rooting" be or "hacking".

Totally new to Droid, but I think I will enjoy being part of this "culture".

I'm glad I found this forum...

droidblood - Welcome to the forums! :)

I've got the original Moto Droid myself, and can't say enough about the construction. I've a cabinet shop - yea - same one where all MIKRADLES are born ;) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/39169-dock-roots-mikradle-born-cabinet-shop.html and to say this phone has been through hell and back is an understatement! I can't tell you how many times it's been dropped, knocked down, covered in lacquer, drenched in sawdust or just dragged through the mill (wood mill)! ;) And it just keeps on truckin'! The metal construction along with solid components (and of course my VZW jacket/holster) ensures that it is up to the task. I'm hoping the new Droid II will be the same, and not morphed over to plastic.

I had really wanted the Incredible, but am very skeptical about how fragile it may be, and so have not "crossed over". I'm going to wait until the II hits the streets, and then we'll see. I've got the option for an upgrade through my wife's phone, so I won't have to pay full price (I took my NE2 in November for my Droid). That being said - I've a ton of customers with the Incredible, and I've gotta say I think it's one heck of a phone! Regardless - as long as it's the Android system - I think we can't go wrong with any of the new phones either out right now or about to hit the streets this summer. A good time to be smartphone user! :) mikey

zMd113

Reaction score
This will be my first smartphone as well.
Ordered 5/26
But I want it NOW!!!!

geetarspaz

Reaction score
personally, i would love to upgrade because ive seen the interface on the incredible and it is pretty nice, but i have to love the way my device looks and im not a fan of the way the incredible exterior is shaped (back) mainly. stuff like that bothers me. i also heard the battery is half as good. seems like this is another gimmick device for it basically does everything the droid does, but "8 megapixels". when it comes to that far im already using a point and shoot. vibrate on the incredible is terribly weak. i do love the interface thought i have to tell you that, the new slide to unlock, the new home screens, its pretty nice!

huskur

Reaction score
don't think i will upgrade until LTE rolls out. may be senseless til then. Have to have different phones anyway.

Reaction score
wow as of right now 432 people are totally missing out!!! droid was cool, but damn!

I have roughly 18 months till my NE2 is up, have you seen the hardware and software improvements on phones in the last 18 months? Worst case scenario is I get the incredible for free then....best case is I get a phone that makes my breakfast after giving me oral. Who's really missing out?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I saw that topic. Motorola just bypassed 1Ghz all together, said F it, and said

'.......anything U can do, I can do better......'

I quit.