Will you be upgrading to the Motorola Droid 2?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I too was waiting for the 2ghz phone by Motorola, but since the Verizon roadmap was leaked, it looks like the Droid Pro will be coming out, but only with a 1.3 ghz processor. I was kinda hoping for 2ghz but oh well ^^.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I too was waiting for the 2ghz phone by Motorola, but since the Verizon roadmap was leaked, it looks like the Droid Pro will be coming out, but only with a 1.3 ghz processor. I was kinda hoping for 2ghz but oh well ^^.
Screw 2Ghz. I want that dual-core phone. :) I'm still betting that's what the Motorola dude was talking about when he said 2Ghz.

BeADroid

Reaction score
I must say, I do like the new color scheme, and the revamped keyboard. however, as many have said it is not enough of an improvement to warrant a new contract, or the $599.99 cost. I am waiting for the droid pro, in november, that should be wicked awesome and I have an upgrade around then. BTW - what I can not wait for is, the star wars apps, to be leake from the R2D2 special droid. YEA!!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must say, I do like the new color scheme, and the revamped keyboard. however, as many have said it is not enough of an improvement to warrant a new contract, or the $599.99 cost. I am waiting for the droid pro, in november, that should be wicked awesome and I have an upgrade around then.

+1 for that.

Nibbz

Reaction score
no. just got into a contract for my droid in June, will stick with my rooted Droid until the iPhone6, Droid 4, Droid X3, Droid Pro 2/3, Droid Unbelieveable comes out.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I would've answered yes, but, having just rooted and overclocked and flashed UD 6.0.0 with the amazing Luna theme I am more than satisfied with my Droid1. It's like a brand new phone. My new every 2 is showing eligable sometime in february so I'll wait to see what is coming out later.

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
the droid 2 is just one giant disappointment there's no improvement over the droid 1 other than swype and the processor and its 300 with a 2 year... i bought the droid when it first came out for the same price but at the time that was a top of the line phone (still is) considering the droid 2 is pretty much a droid 1.3 there's no reason to buy this phone at all when you have the powerhouses that are the Droid Incredible, the Droid X, the Galaxy S, and with the Droid Pro and WE coming out soon for the same price if not cheaper than the droid 2... if Motorola pulls this again if there's a droid 3 sometime next year I'm going to be very pissed

everstar80

Reaction score
droid2 is incredible

Though many of the features of the two droids are similar I love this phone and it hasn't had half the problems that the original has had as far as updates. Seems like there's more problems with fixing processing and rooting and from the D2 owners I've talked to their os runs as smooth as vodka martini. But I have never owned the D1 so I am sure all of the D1 owners feel as passionate about their phone.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Though many of the features of the two droids are similar I love this phone and it hasn't had half the problems that the original has had as far as updates. Seems like there's more problems with fixing processing and rooting and from the D2 owners I've talked to their os runs as smooth as vodka martini. But I have never owned the D1 so I am sure all of the D1 owners feel as passionate about their phone.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
What update troubles did D1 owners have? I didn't have any.

... and process and rooting errors are 99.9% of the time user error.