Will you purchase the Droid Incredible?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are on the phone quality, and if it's good then I will dump the Droid. I love everything about the Droid except for the fact that using it as a phone is a terrible process. Every single calls has at least one point where the person I'm speaking to can't hear me.

That might be that mute issue I heard about that almost had me get another phone. I still wanted to see for myself. I actually had it before or after the update to 2.1. And I rooted my phone so fast, I dont know what the actual fix was. All I know is I had the mute problem and now I dont.

I think that has to do with the Droid needing a better screen/keypad lock. Like on the Omnia 1, there was a keypad lock that locked the keypad after u dialed the number or after answering the phone. Since the Droid screen goes black, maybe an app that keeps it black/locked until u press something. https://supportforums.motorola.com/...AA15596874C7204E6751.node0?start=150&tstart=0 The post 2nd from the bottom. An app called Screen Suite. Its on the marketplace for 1.99 That seemed to solve many folks problems.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If my NE2 was up a month earlier I would have got the Moto-Droid and been happy, but it was up last week and I think that the Droid-Inc Looks awesome. Just waiting on the tracking info!!!

For me, I wasnt supposed to get a NE2 upgrade til Nov of this year. Well....Verizon gave me a nice surprise in a very early upgrade at the end of March. I was actually trying to do the NE2 real early thru different sites b4 Verizon gave me that gift. Maybe they somehow saw how bad I was trying to upgrade. I just checked, my offer expired May31....lol But I wanted a physical keyboard. Im not complaining. And for some stuff I do with my Droid, I think I need a physical keyboard.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid and its great, but i have a chance to get an Incredible for the 1 year price,what do you all think?

I would wait. Unless your Droid is just breaking down left n right. U wait and u can probably get the Incredible cheaper. I thought u get a phone for the one year price anytime? Its the 2 year price that needs to be new service or customer.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Nope.

I love my Droid & my contract will end in Nov of 2011. Can you imagine what will be out then?! :icon_ banana:

I'm on a family plan and i used the primary line's upgrade to get the Droid. That left 2 more lines upgradeable so i am using another lines upgrade to get the Incredible. That means i still got another line i can use an upgrade on as well (my line).

The primary line will be eligible Nov 28th for an Upgrade plus a $100 NE2 discount again :)

I pretty much have it timed now for certain time periods of new cool phones coming out lol.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I may grab one of these things now...depends on how many times the phone randomly restarts and how many battery pulls I do in the next few days it takes for me to change my mind after only having the droid for 3 months and hating it after the big lag and low performance of the 2.1 update.

BionicBigJames

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine and will get it today!!!:icon_ banana: My current phone is an iPhone 3g, which will be jailbroken, unlocked and given to my hubby. I know I will not miss it or AT&T...not in the slightest! I'm too much of a geek to enjoy it due to obvious reasons like not getting to play around with its guts (ie: customization). This will be my very first Android device. I was so excited about my new toy that I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. LOL! Hurry up, FexEx!

Reaction score
Just picked up the Incredible today, switched from the Moto Droid. Took me all but 30 seconds to convince me to get it. I figured, I have 30 days to try this baby, if I don't like it I can return it for a full refund minus restocking fee. If I like it, I sell the Droid. My main reason for getting this - the SPECS! Plus the slide out keyboard didn't work out too well for me since I have fat fingers and the keypads were flat. Lets see how this baby works out...

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
Droid is a way of life. Moto Droid was the first stepping stone into a whole new world of smartphones. The HTC incred is just another member of the evergrowing android family. There is nooooo need to switch, especially since most of us are locked into a 1-2 year contract. By the time our terms are up. The HTC and Motorolla will be just geazers compaired to the new generation of Android members. Incridable....please! By then we'll have the new Android F'n Ludacris!!!!
Love my Droid and I'm sticking with it till the next term. :motdroidhoriz:

metalmenance

Reaction score
Will you purchase the new Droid Incredible?

Store is holding mine, will be there in morning to pick it up...
Messed with one already and it is very sweet
Dont ever use the hard keyboard so that not issue to me
Inc onscreen keyboard is very fast and smooth too
Droid is cool and does everything I need and the Incredible
does it all plus more, and I am one that likes the htc sense
with all its widgets n flashy stuff
So put that on top of proven speed and more and
I think the incredible is more of a one in all device
for my needs and wants
bonus is the fm radio and yes you can plug it into
tv via htc av cables like I did on my old omina
So i willl be rocking my Droid Inc. in morning
and have droid sold already for 300 so it is all good now for me.......

armeddroid

Reaction score
Droid Incredible commercial.
Dont even show the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Gesai5WlE&feature=youtube_gdata

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, but it's not that I'm not interested, it's just a matter of where I am in my contract. I don't use the manual keyboard, I do like the Droids well built metal construction. I think when I'm eligible for my next upgrade there will be something even better on the market so I'm going to wait. I'll decide in September.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Personally, I'm waiting Moto's follow up to the Droid. I'm holding out for another flagship phone with a keyboard. Yes, I do like having a qwerty. This current Droid would be phenomenal with more onboard memory, hotter proc (that we don't have to OC to get a nice boost), 8 mp camera, and improved keyboard. Otherwise, mine has been running great.

granitemon

Reaction score
Ok, I'm an idiot, but what IS the "droid incredible?" Sorry for asking a dumb question...