LG Ally Purchase Poll

Discussion in 'Droid Polls' started by danDroid, May 14, 2010.

1. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    The LG Ally looks like a nice solid phone with great features but I'm going to stick with my Moto Droid.

2. tuttinudi

tuttinudi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first post, hello :).
    I recently sold my moto droid and got the LG Ally and I am very happy with my decision. The droid was great for everything except phone calls and I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to try the Ally since it was getting great reviews on the Verizon website and it was a good price. I am so happy that I did! It has so far been a great phone, and the keyboard is much better. Best of all, I can hear people and they can hear me! I have had several LG phones and have always been happy with them. I didn't want to give up the android OS either, it had to be an android phone.

3. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    From my experience with other LG phones they are all cheap, plasticy "kid's toys" that are way too easy to break, plus the audio circuits aren't that great. My sister got rid of her LG Env3 and replaced it with a Moto Droid. The LG Ally is featured in Iron Man 2, would be cool to get a phone that's as durable as the Iron Man suit! :)

4. pbdroid

pbdroid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Bought my GF the Ally last week. It's her first smartphone. I set it up for her with some goodies. She loves it. It packs the same processor as the Droid. I'm O/C'd so mines much snappier. Good, solid build on the Ally. She got it for free as she had a $100 upgrade credit on her account.

I like being able to show her the power of Droid, even if she only plays with what I set her up with. :) When will this thing be rooted??!

5. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Naw, it doesnt have the same processor as the Droid. The Droid has a OMAP 3430, 550Mhz. The Ally has a lesser one:

Hands On With the LG Ally | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

6. Postnsons

Postnsons New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that phone calls are not the moto droid's strong suite. However, everything else the droid does makes up for its shortcomings in that department. Kind of depends on how many calls you deal with per day. I only deal with less than 20 calls per day. I used to deal with more calls. At that time it would have been an issue.

I'm probably most dissatisfied with the voicemail of Verizon. I'm using a non verizon app for voicemail, at this time. It gets me by, but a market leader like Verizon shouldn't have a weak spot with voicemail. I realize this is off-topic, but it is associated with phone calls of the droid.

7. Brewskibc

Brewskibc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought two of them and I hate it!!

8. Jameshpatterson

Jameshpatterson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my wife one... not a bad phone. Funny thing is as I was helping her set it up I tried a browser test between my oc'd Droid running 2.2. Both on wifi.... hers was noticeably faster at loading webpages. Haven't got a chance play more. Of course I didn't tell her that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. Rated_R

Rated_R Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are unhappy with the verizon voicemail you should sign up for google voice. It is out of closed beta now and, despite the more often than not humorous transription, you can use it just like visual voicemail. You set it through the ui of your phone to be your default voicemail. When someone calls you and leaves a message. The google voice app will notify you. Open the app on your phone and you can read the transcription or listen to the message.

ON TOPIC

It the ally ever gets rooted I will consider getting one. But not till then.

10. sphen22

sphen22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the wife one and came to the conclusion that it is a perfect spouse phone to the moto droid. I got the Droid and she has the Ally. I played around with it a bit and it is a great phone for the price and a good first step to Android for someone coming from a non smart. And I am jealous of the keyboard tho, much easier then the droids phys.

11. pistacio

pistacio Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Did the same for my GF. I have a D1, and wanted to get her started in the smartphone world. Good entry level phone, couldn't beat the price...BJ's actually paid me $50 (rebate) to add it to my plan.