LG Ally launches at less then $100

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lgallycutout-wm.gif

The LG Ally pricing has been released and it's right where we expected. You can get the phone for $99 on a new 2 year contract with Verizon. That will require a mail in rebate. We now have a ton of hands on pictures for the LG Ally thanks to Engadget. You can view the full hands on pictures in the photo gallery here:

LG Ally Pictures & Hands On

Vitticeps

Reaction score
$199.99 - $100 mail in rebate.

As far as I'm concerned that's still a $200 phone. The rebates take forever and most people forget to send them in. That's why they do them instead of a simple $100 discount subsidized by the manufacturer. I hate marketing manipulation.

/rant

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

As far as I'm concerned that's still a $200 phone. The rebates take forever and most people forget to send them in. That's why they do them instead of a simple $100 discount subsidized by the manufacturer. I hate marketing manipulation.

/rant

Then get it online where the rebate is done for ya.

Beardface

Reaction score
I'm liking this phone less and less the more I read about it.

Its inferior to the Driod in pretty much every way. Sure, its made by Verizon's buddy, LG, but at $100, it just reaks of cheaply made and almost a guarantee to fall apart within the 2 years you'll likely make your contract for. And LGs have a notable record of having horrible touch screens, so I'm not sold at all on this.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At some places, like Best Buy, they make the rebate instant. We will try and post the best deals around the web once the phone is released.

/rant

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm liking this phone less and less the more I read about it.

Its inferior to the Driod in pretty much every way. Sure, its made by Verizon's buddy, LG, but at $100, it just reaks of cheaply made and almost a guarantee to fall apart within the 2 years you'll likely make your contract for. And LGs have a notable record of having horrible touch screens, so I'm not sold at all on this.

I don't think its going to be marketed to power users, but we will see.

The Rick

Reaction score

/rant

nothing personal but verizon mail in rebates are easily the best i've ever seen. Most report less then 2 weeks to get the card back.

Chillson

Reaction score
I guess its safe to say this is what is going head to head against the Kin?