LG Droid on the way?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lg-alley-droid.jpg

LG has announced a new Android powered smart phone called the Ally that could be available as early as May 20th. The phone was spotted in a leaked Iron Man 2 themed commercial over the weekend. The claim to fame with the device will be the included Augmented Reality app that could push the limits of this type of technology. LG has not mentioned what wireless carrier the Ally will launch on but recent rumors suggest it will land on Verizon. According to Engadget, the phone will pack a 1GHz Snapdragon processor as the LU2300, along with a 3.5-inch AMOLED touchscreen, a sliding QWERTY keyboard, a 5-megapixel camera, and Android 2.1.

LG Ally is the first Android device to boast an Augmented Reality application -- currently exclusive to LG. Consumers who purchase LG Ally can download the Augmented Reality app, featuring exclusive Iron Man 2 content, at IRON MAN 2 - LG Life's Good or by texting 95173 from their mobile phone. Present throughout Iron Man 2, LG Ally allows users to explore and experience Augmented Reality through built-in applications and software. A touch screen handset featuring a full slide out QWERTY keyboard, the Ally is the ultimate complement for technology enthusiasts who, like Tony Stark, expect nothing but the best. LG Ally will be available May 20.

You can also view our LG Ally Specific Forum @ http://www.lgallyforums.com

Check out the commercial here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/42209-lg-droid-way.html#post448581
[Source: AndroidCentral.com]

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;fZSFTJODYKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZSFTJODYKU]YouTube - IM2.m4v[/video]

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw that commercial on TV yesterday or the day before actually LOL

So not really "leaked" but yeah I noticed right away that it was Android and they didn't mention a carrier.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hah, I thought that was funny... almost making fun of smartphones ha.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
True, I think I saw it during the Laker/Jazz Game.

I saw that commercial on TV yesterday or the day before actually LOL

So not really "leaked" but yeah I noticed right away that it was Android and they didn't mention a carrier.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Lg makes great phones. I've never been disappointed with an lg phone. That being said, phone looks a bit too thick. The keyboard looks great though. I wonder if it will have a bunch of garbage addons, or if it will be a real google experience phone like the droid.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've also been happy with LG phones in the past. LG + full qwerty + android + vzw + snapdragon = sounds like win to me.

littlerick

Reaction score
just when i thought i knew what i was gonna get when i upgrade in 2 weeks lol looks like i might be getting it instead of the increadible

bassjason

Reaction score
Agreed on LG... Beside my Droid, my next favorite phone was an old LG.

pyro6128

Reaction score
true, I have heard some negative things about those phones, but I had an enV2 and enV touch and those were both extremely well made phones

Kmart95

Reaction score
I've also been happy with LG phones in the past. LG + full qwerty + android + vzw + snapdragon = sounds like win to me.
I agree 100%

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk