LG Droid on the way?

datboijon

Reaction score
i was pretty happy with my lg dare be4 the droid. and the gfs env2 has been solid as well. will be interesting to see how it matches up with the incredible.
u gotta love and hate the smartphone game right now. u buy a phone thats king of the hill today and tomorrow they announce a phone that makes urs look like rubbish

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had:

VX4400
VX7000
VX8300
VX8500 (Chocolate)
VX8550 (Chocolate 2)
VX9700 (Dare)

The Dare is the one that was advanced enough to make me like the idea of a smartphone and restrictive enough to make me REALLY want a smartphone. So went to 2 BBs and then the Droid.

So yeah.. I've had a few LGs and I honestly liked them all.

strobez395

Reaction score
Lg makes great phones. I've never been disappointed with an lg phone. That being said, phone looks a bit too thick. The keyboard looks great though. I wonder if it will have a bunch of garbage addons, or if it will be a real google experience phone like the droid.

I've had quite the different experience. I can't tell you how many EnV's have taken a **** on me. Great keyboard, horrible phone.

Jamar

Reaction score
Before I got my Droid in February, I had used LG for all my phones the previous 6 years. Great phone company, but this one isn't exciting me. Looks great for those who want to go smartphone without ditching the feel of an ol' LG.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This has been announced last week, its the aloha phone that was released in korea or somewhere like that.

And I love LG, had the Voyager before the droid and was best phone I had up till then.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
After having to go through 4 EnvTouch's (daughters phone) and numerous software updates and rollbacks in a four month period I will never own another LG phone. Finally just got it swapped for a Samsung which she loves. Funny when we were on AT&T we had two LG CU500's and never had a problem. Just this last thing has not left me with a warm fuzzy about LG.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I agree the phone looks a little thick and a little small as well. I don't really have any LG experience other than using my gf's LG Vu which in my opinion, blows so hard. In the end I find it hard to believe you can go really wrong with an Android phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll never buy an LG phone again. Worthless ****.
amen, I have had the voyager and the chocolate touch before the switch to smart phone/droid, horrendous.

Then again, though, the voyager and chocolate touch both had resistive touch screens, maybe this one will be capacitive.

+1 on capacitive. A resistive touch screen, unless they made major advances in the last few years, does not make for a good touch screen IMO.

bobmundo123

Reaction score
I like my droid.. i love the design of my phone.. althought the specs of this looks great.. i feel like its a kids phone.. kinda like a LG motoblur.. uhmm.. They are doing Great Jobs with marketing nowadays.. DAMMNN<,,

bobmundo123

Reaction score
I like my droid.. i love the design of my phone.. althought the specs of this looks great.. i feel like its a kids phone.. kinda like a LG motoblur.. uhmm.. They are doing Great Jobs with marketing nowadays.. DAMMNN<,,

On another note.. the commericiall.. really nice.. Main actor .. i feel gave of a very Barney kind of feeling.. Barney from how i met your mother.. lol

dbigdawg

Reaction score
I played with this a while back and came away thinking it was a powerful replacement to the Moto Droid. Similar in size but lighter weight and a more user friendly keyboard. Obviously the specs show mite power and spied. My inky knock is that the form factor was not really a departure from the norm. While there is nothing wrong with it, it didn't really jump out as unique.

dbigdawg

Reaction score
I played with this a while back and came away thinking it was a powerful replacement to the Moto Droid. Similar in size but lighter weight and a more user friendly keyboard. Obviously the specs show more power and speed. My inky knock is that the form factor was not really a departure from the norm. While there is nothing wrong with it, it didn't really jump out as unique.

Fixed my typos. Still getting used to Swype on the Incredible