Full LG Ally Specs Released

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, May 11, 2010.

1. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife has an Eris and I like the little guy. I'm not dismissing them as crap by any means.

I suppose I should stop thinking simply by numbers. The Ally is 600mhz, the Droid is 550mhz, but that could be like comparing a 1ghz mobile netbook processor with a 1ghz quad core LOL

I'm not trying to talk down any phones, I like them all honestly, the more the merrier. I just think the Ally will be nicer than the Eris/Devour. Even if just because of its nicer resolution!

2. doublejack

doublejack Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, you should stop thinking that way. :)

The numbers have misled you. The 600MHz MSM7627 has perhaps half the number crunching power as the 550MHz arm cortex a8 in the Droid. In fact, the MSM7627 which is made by Qualcomm is based on the predecessor to the cortex a8.

So yeah, this is definitely a mid-grade phone. The Ally is a clear notch below the high end Droid and Incredible models. Still a good device, but not meant for power or high end users.

3. victorythagr8

victorythagr8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the droid at 550mhz is still faster than the ally at 600mhz. The thing is that ally still uses arm 11 processor while the droid uses arm 7.

Arm 7 at 550 runs just as fast as and Arm 11 proccessor that runs a lil above 800mhz.

Why do you think the droid 550mhz is faster than the Samsung Moment 800mhz. Because the samsung moment runs a Arm 11 processor.

Spec wise the droid is killing the moment with processing power alone, That is why when you judge specs, that you need to know what architecture it is.

4. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Qualcomm MSM7627

"The chipset packs two ARM cores on a single chip, including one dedicated 600MHz applications processor, and a separate 400MHz modem processor to offload some of the heavy lifting. Otherwise, the phone is said to pack a 200MHz, OpenGL 2.0-supporting GPU for some decent gaming capabilities, and a 320MHz application DSP to handle multimedia on the device, including full 30 fps WVGA video encoding and decoding."

5. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The above was cut from a Palm Pixi Google search.

6. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will this phone support Flash 10.1 with that processor? If not this phone will be stuck on 2.1 for eternity. I will be checking this out though for my wife, she still really likes her Voyager but its time for a change.

7. doublejack

doublejack Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's an excellent point. I'm not entirely positive, but I sincerely doubt this processor has the guts to handle Flash 10.1. I mean, it is basically an obsolete CPU and Flash is notoriously inefficient. At best the performance would be sluggish. More likely, though, is that it just won't work.

8. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be a serious mistake by LG if this phone will not support Flash, they basically killed off this phone once the word gets out and Flash is released if that is true. Why would they just use the same processor as the Droid, it's proven to be a workhorse, can be overclocked and it would be a great marketing tool.

10. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the majority of Android handsets that are out can handle Flash but it will just be a matter of convincing the manufacturers/carriers to do it. The reason I say this is because Flash for video content, which it will mostly be used for, is nothing more than a wrapper. The video itself is already encoded in H.264 and Skyfire shows that even a lowly 528Mhz Backflip can play streaming internet video. Essentially all Skyfire does is strip the container and stream the feed to the client through a proxy. So I really don't see an issue here at all with Flash on mid-range devices.

11. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +52
    I'm skeptical, very skeptical over this phone. I have had multiple LG phones in the past (my last 2 phones before the Droid were the 2nd Gen Chocolate and the Voyager) and the main, drawback for both was a truly awful touchscreen on the front. I really, really hope that LG has their act together with this Android phone, but if they don't, this will be a complete failure of a handset. Plus, with the same general specs as the Droid, a phone thats been out for 7 months and has proven itself as a very well built, competent phone, why would anyone put down money for the Ally, which is a complete toss in the dark for a company that makes relatively cheap phones.

No thanks, I'll stick with the Droid, and continue to convince as many people as I can that the Droid is by far the best phone on the market right now. Better than the Incredible, and leagues better than the iPhone.

12. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See this is a popular misconception. You say with the same general specs as the Droid. Even though the processor is clocked similar/higher it is a full generation behind when it comes to ARM SoC design. The SOC in the Droid is a TI OMAP 3430 clocked at 550 Mhz. This is a Qualcomm MSM 76xx clocked at 600 Mhz. While still a competent SoC it is about .33 - .50 the processing power of the Droid at similar clock speeds. This is due to the newer ARM core used in the OMAP 34xx as opposed to the MSM76xx series.

Search tags for this page
devour a555 screen won't light up

droid ally specs

how does verison lg android phones
htc ally specs
lg ally ads
lg ally is arm
lg ally opengl 2.0
lg ally ram

lg ally specs

samsung ally specs