LG Optimus 2X Official

Jmart922

Reaction score
All wee need is some leaked info on the Samsung Stealth, a quick comparison of the Optimus, Etna, Stealth, and for kicks the HTC super Smartphone whatever that maybe. I've used LG phones in the past and while they were featured phones they were fantastic device IMO. Does anyone know of Verizon is going to charge a premium for 4g like sprint does at a rate of an extra 10 dollars?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah ck I'd also like to know which phone you plan on getting. I'm also trying to decide between this and the Etna. If this one has an unlocked bootloader that might just take the cake for me because I don't need a global phone. I like Motorola phones for their reception and build quality but you can just about bet the bootloader will be locked. Also, the X doesn't have hdmi mirroring so I wonder if the Etna will.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

andrew53517

Reaction score
As of right now, with what we know, I'm most interested in the Etna and Samsung Stealth (if it comes in February). Then next on my list is the LG B that was just leaked. I think the LG B is veryyy interesting, so I'm excited to see what is in store for it at CES. I also do like the Optimus 2x, but looks too much like my Incredible, which I'm looking for a design change.
( LG “B” images faked, but super slim and super bright phone is coming to CES – Android and Me )

HTC I'm going to pass on for a bit. I think I want a new manufacturer for a bit. I love my Incredible, but the radio (as other posters mentioned) is rather weak, and I just don't love the quality of it as much. Plus Qualcomm chips are inferior to others and we know that for a fact lol.

But I loved my OG Droid so I wouldn't mind Moto or others. Wow, I can't wait for CES! :icon_ banana:

diverbelow

Reaction score
All wee need is some leaked info on the Samsung Stealth, a quick comparison of the Optimus, Etna, Stealth, and for kicks the HTC super Smartphone whatever that maybe. I've used LG phones in the past and while they were featured phones they were fantastic device IMO. Does anyone know of Verizon is going to charge a premium for 4g like sprint does at a rate of an extra 10 dollars?

I would also like to know if Verizon will charge extra to use 4G.

rybnik

Reaction score
From the Android and Me article...I really like this part!
"We also know LG will be showing off the Optimus 2X next month, so I’m excited to see how these two devices compare. For all we know, the “LB B” might actually be the Optimus 2X with a new display for the U.S. market. Check back in a couple of weeks for the full details."
If the Optimus 2x is really gonna come with this amazing new display AND all the features that have been shown off, it will be one of the greatest phones ever. :icon_eek:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now the question is this or the Etna?

CK what phone would you rather have?
Such a great question : ) The build quality of Motorola is second to none in my opinion but this is going to be a tough call here. I want to see the final specs on the Etna/Olympus before I make any final decisions.

If I was told I had to make a decision right now I would go with the Etna because it's Sanjays pet project right now and it surely won't disappoint.

But as it stands now this phone has the looks and the hardware to deliver a great experience and I'm considering it as a viable option.

I say this phone is an EXCELLENT choice for anybody that has already decided to get it. Early videos certainly have not hurt the credibility of this handsets performance capabilities.

andrew53517

Reaction score
Very nice choice CK! Are they changing the body style for the Etna so it differs from the Olympus? Because then Verizon could Droid brand it if so. Idk how true that is.. but have you heard anything?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Very nice choice CK! Are they changing the body style for the Etna so it differs from the Olympus? Because then Verizon could Droid brand it if so. Idk how true that is.. but have you heard anything?
Not 100% certain about the body style changing. I don't see that happening but then again stranger things have happened.

This is the latest....doesn't say a lot but it pretty much confirms what we already know

Verizon Picks Motorola Phone for 4G Network - WSJ.com

diverbelow

Reaction score
Since LTE for Verizon is bring simultaneous voice and data for their phones, a question was asked at Verizon CES:
4:52PM Will devices support simultaneous voice and data? "Some of them, but not all" in the first wave. No specifics on which, though.

I would like to know which 4G android phone will have simultaneous voice and data, since that would be a great feature to have, again.

GT944

Reaction score
Totally off topic, but that is a wicked cool profile pic - I'm a big fan of the Dark Tower myself...

Sent from my ADR6300

GT944

Reaction score
The last one was directed at TrailerParkKid - not sure why I couldn't edit my original or why the quote action failed...

Sent from my ADR6300