LG Optimus 2X Official

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 16, 2010.

1. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Well, it is officially official! How's that for redundancy? The LG Optimus 2x... the artist formerly known as "LG Star", had it's official press release today, and the first dual-core phone will start hitting Asian and European markets soon. One of LG's many CEO's had this to say, "Dual-core technology is the next leap forward in mobile technology so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO and President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LG’s commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."

Man, this phone looks sweet! If any of our members make it out to CES 2011 in January, tell him us "yankees" need some LG Optimus 2x lovin' too! The following is the official full press release:

LG LAUNCHES WORLD’S FIRST AND FASTEST DUAL-CORE SMARTPHONE
    LG Optimus 2X with Tegra 2 Offers Top Multimedia Features for a Better User Experience

SEOUL, Dec. 16, 2010 — LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled the LG Optimus 2X, the world’s first smartphone with a dual-core processor. Along with more powerful multimedia features, the LG Optimus 2X’s high-performance Tegra 2 processor makes for faster, smoother web browsing and applications and lets users multitask with virtually no screen lag.

"Dual-core technology is the next leap forward in mobile technology so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO and President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LG’s commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."

Developed by graphics processor powerhouse NVIDIA?, the dual-core Tegra 2 system-on-a-chip found in the LG Optimus 2X runs at a clock speed of 1GHz and boasts low power consumption and high performance for playing video and audio. Users will experience faster web browsing and smoother gameplay compared with single-core processors running at the same speed as well as instantaneous touch response and seamless multitasking between applications.

The LG Optimus 2X offers 1080p HD video playback and recording with HDMI mirroring that expands content on external displays to full HD quality. The LG Optimus 2X can connect wirelessly to any DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatible digital device such as HD TVs for a console-like gaming experience taking full advantage of the phone’s HDMI mirroring, accelerometer and gyro sensor. The smartphone also includes both rear- and front-facing cameras, microSD memory expandability, Micro-USB port and a hefty 1500mAh battery.

The LG Optimus 2X will be available in Korea next month with countries in Europe and Asia to follow. The phone will initially be released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule will be announced in local markets in due course.

Key specifications:

• 1Ghz Dual-core Processor (NVIDIA Tegra 2)
    • 4-inch WVGA screen
    • 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
    • 1,500 mAh battery
    • 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
    • HDMI mirroring
    • 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording

I think that the marketing folks over at LG must be 'pleasure-delaying' geniuses to make the United States wait on this one... it makes me want it right now even more!

Source: Phandroid
    by dgstorm
  2. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

1st...hot damn, minus the theme, I would totally dive straight into LGs camp! Any word on whether LG locks their phones down much like motorola and HTC?
  3. djsiva

djsiva Active Member

freaking sweet!
  4. Freezetron

Freezetron New Member

Suddenly my Droid X doesn't seem so cool and hip anymore. Damnit to hell, I hate this industry sometimes....
  5. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

Korea? Bring that damn phone to America!
  6. djsiva

djsiva Active Member

I'm with you there. It's hard to stay ahead of the curve with these things. I love my X, but I'm already longing for a dual core beast. :)
  7. 2005CTS

2005CTS New Member

Very slick looking. I really hope this means the Motorola Olympus on AT&T gets released soon.
  8. Logan3824

Logan3824 New Member

Anyone have an estimated price on this?
  9. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

Wow that is almost what i want...add the Physical Keyboard and slap a moto/Verizon logo on it and I'm selling blood to get it!

Love the DLNA interface would love to see that on my TV.
  10. patfactorx

patfactorx Member

can Android support dual core?
  11. Bigaliensexmachine3000

Bigaliensexmachine3000 New Member

LG's proprietary skin is tied for fugly with htc's sense UI, although they both make sexy ass phones...WTF
  12. calbrs04

calbrs04 New Member

Hope it comes soon and to vzw. My upgrade is available in march.
  13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Again....I'm liking this phone....HDMI mirroring, dual core, beastly gpu, prettier UI than MotoBlur...I have an upgrade coming in April of 2011.

Right on time....

Dear Moto,

I might like the Etna more IF it has HDMI mirroring but has a locked bootloader. Please try to keep me a fan of yours cuz I really do like the reception on your phones.

Yours Truly,
    jroc.
  14. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

^^^ I'm with ya there, before I had the Droid I was using an LG dare, yeah it was a dumb phone but man that thing worked great, only second to the might Droid, although the LG had slightly better reception, one thing that I hope this comes out with is a higher resolution screen then what's offered in the android space
  15. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

This does look sweet, could possibly the next upgrade...hmm...
  16. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Oh no you didn't : )

You just ruined it. Can't have a phone with a pretty UI. Women yes, but tech devices no!! lol
  17. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Biggest question of them all, is it on Verizon?
  18. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I am with jroc - kick up the heat on em' Moto - put out something we can sink our teeth into :wink:
  19. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Yes it will
  20. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

What can I say....lol. MotoBlur on the X is boring and ...ugly. I just want the opposite.

Vanilla Android would be even better. I wouldnt call vanilla Android pretty tho. Now that I think about u right....Cant use pretty and UI in the same sentence when describing these UI's...lol

Better looking....how is that...
Search tags for this page
cameras optimus jacksonville fl
does the lg optimus l90 have video playback on tv hdmi
droid optimus

lg optimus 2x verizon

lg optimus 2x verizon release date
lg optimus 2x verizon us release date
lg optimus g2 on verizon
lg optimus g2 verizon
lg optimus2x/verizon
lgo2x