LG Optimus 3D - World's first dual-core, dual-channel and dual-memory smart phone

aRsTwiX

Reaction score
4 GB of RAM is complete overkill. I run 5 Adobe graphic programs for 3D video development and compositing plus all sorts of other programs and it doesn't phase my 4 gigs on my laptop. Adding it to a phone is going to be a pointless addition with a heavy price tag.

Don't even get me started on stereoscopic 3D...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
4 GB of RAM is complete overkill.

Agreed. But if at some point in the future they have 2 gigs dedictated to run a full blown Linux OS, it would make sense.

4gigs has to be a misprint, anyway.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
It must have been a misinterpretation of 4G.
I stand by that there's no way in a physical, practical, or cost effective possibility that this phone could have that much ram

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

geoff5093

Reaction score
Whoah - a 1500 mAh battery in a 4 gig ram phone?? Lol - people complain about battery life on 1gig. I'd expect this phone'd battery life to tap out at 4 hours under normal use!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
Memory size doesn't play much of a role in battery life, I'm more interested in how the stereoscopic screen and the processing power for 3D will do for battery life.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was doing some further research on this little guy.. A few things to note:

It isn't 4GB of ram.. not sure if that was an initial rumor or just a typo, but it will have 512mb dual channel ram.
also, it will now have a front facing camera.

I know this info is elsewhere on these forums, but this was one of the first threads that popped up in the search and the OP is pretty conclusive, so I wanted to bump it up wth the correct info.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the 3D gimick. More importantly though, everyone that has touched this phone talks about how fast it is... Yes, please.

Last edited: