will or IS rubix 1.9.0 (non-leaked) obsolete?

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Uhhh......wow,that went compleatly over my head. I've never deleted or renamed any thing in systems before..... do I do it in that orders? And when i'm ready to get it back do I have to do the same thing? Sorry for being so noobishly annoying.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
I have titanium back up to could I use that?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No sir, root explorer is the only app with the ability to modify system apps.

Droid74

Reaction score

The easiest way to get your phone ready for the OTA if you have done a lot of stuff to it is just to do a SBF and you will be completely good to go instead of trying to remember what you changed and what needs to get restored. Just my 2 cents.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel SBF is a last resort. I was able to go from focused 1.9 on 2.2 to focused 1.9 on 2.2.1 without SBFing in about 10 minutes. So if you can do it without SBF, I say do it. But that's just me.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score

The easiest way to get your phone ready for the OTA if you have done a lot of stuff to it is just to do a SBF and you will be completely good to go instead of trying to remember what you changed and what needs to get restored. Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking that sense I made a backup right after I rooted, and before I flashed any roms? I thought that I wouldnt need any further modfication before I attempted to update....Im just alittle causious about system manipulatin, being that I have no experience at that.

Droid74

Reaction score

I was thinking that sense I made a backup right after I rooted, and before I flashed any roms? I thought that I wouldnt need any further modfication before I attempted to update....Im just alittle causious about system manipulatin, being that I have no experience at that.

That should work. I had a nandroid of that as well but I just did a SBF anyways since I had done so much crap to my phone. Give it a try. I hope it works for ya...if not just do a SBF and be done with it :)

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Thanks droid74 & droidxer I'll give the bootstrap thing some thought...maybe freezing? And Ill probably just try the up dated raw first. And if it fails ill trouble shoot from there:whore:

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Ok.... I still have my first back up , lets see if I go back to that if it will still let my update? I didn't flash a rom on tha t so the blur should be there.

If your first backup was stock, all the bloatware etc there you'll be able to update without a problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Updated yesterday using a stock 2.2 2.3.15 backup and the 2.3.40 update zip loaded from stock recovery. Lost root, but I expected that. rerooted using Z4 Root (1.1.0).

Probably going to throw Darkslide on it today to see what it's all about.

Did you ever update how did that work for you.