will or IS rubix 1.9.0 (non-leaked) obsolete?

chefb

Reaction score
I been having some interesting conversations around the forum, and have got some very informed and some salty answers. Which brought me to this topic of disscussion
Where do the non -leakers go to for further updates for our phones/ or theme them, are we out dated...maybe ......so what should we do? Do you think or know if there wil be a update that addresses the outdated build issue that the non-leak version has? What is our path from here?

xliderider

Reaction score
I'm still on RubiX 1.9.0 non-leaked version if it makes you feel any better. ;)

Happy with the way things are running, so far, so I haven't felt the need to update... yet.

teh_g

Reaction score
I went from rubiX 1.9.0 on .15, sbfed to .340, installed rubix 1.9.0 for .320, then installed a patch to update a few system files. I don't see that much of a difference, but I may as well stay on the happy and updated path.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I went from rubiX 1.9.0 on .15, sbfed to .340, installed rubix 1.9.0 for .320, then installed a patch to update a few system files. I don't see that much of a difference, but I may as well stay on the happy and updated path.

+1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I been having some interesting conversations around the forum, and have got some very informed and some salty answers. Which brought me to this topic of disscussion
Where do the non -leakers go to for further updates for our phones/ or theme them, are we out dated...maybe ......so what should we do? Do you think or know if there wil be a update that addresses the outdated build issue that the non-leak version has? What is our path from here?

The 2.3.15 OTA is obsolete. It would be in your best interest to take the 2.3.340 OTA if you want further updates from verizon. I will be updating only to 2.3.340, it's confusing me as much as you guys keeping track of both :)

Droid74

Reaction score

If you have updated to 2.3.340 OTA you can install Rubix Focused 1.9 Leak version and then use the patch that was provided to bring it up to speed. I did this last week and everything has been working great. Also, Themes for Focused 1.9 will still work for you.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Ok.... I still have my first back up , lets see if I go back to that if it will still let my update? I didn't flash a rom on tha t so the blur should be there.

Jordan8

Reaction score
Ok.... I still have my first back up , lets see if I go back to that if it will still let my update? I didn't flash a rom on tha t so the blur should be there.

If your first backup was stock, all the bloatware etc there you'll be able to update without a problem.

xliderider

Reaction score

If your first backup was stock, all the bloatware etc there you'll be able to update without a problem.

Updated yesterday using a stock 2.2 2.3.15 backup and the 2.3.40 update zip loaded from stock recovery. Lost root, but I expected that. rerooted using Z4 Root (1.1.0).

Probably going to throw Darkslide on it today to see what it's all about.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not difficult to take the OTA. Just restore a clean stock rom, defrost or restore all bloatware, remove bootstrap in root explorer, download update and install. If you have a stock theme backup just odex it.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Its not difficult to take the OTA. Just restore a clean stock rom, defrost or restore all bloatware, remove bootstrap in root explorer, download update and install. If you have a stock theme backup just odex it.

I have root explorer how and why would I remove bootstrap?

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score

Updated yesterday using a stock 2.2 2.3.15 backup and the 2.3.40 update zip loaded from stock recovery. Lost root, but I expected that. rerooted using Z4 Root (1.1.0).

Probably going to throw Darkslide on it today to see what it's all about.
Lol I was thinking the same thing.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're going to take the 2.2.1 OTA its best to also get rid of bootstrap. You can reinstall it after update. All backups and downloads are stored in clockworkmod folder in your file manager.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
If you're going to take the 2.2.1 OTA its best to also get rid of bootstrap. You can reinstall it after update. All backups and downloads are stored in clockworkmod folder in your file manager.

But how and where do you find it in root ex.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're done with getting your system back to stock you remove bootstrap by going into root explorer and deleting system/bin/hijack and delete system/bin/logwrapper then rename system/bin/logwrapper.bin to system/bin/logwrapper