WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Well I'm using Froyo and I noticed that my agenda widget would load up properly on twice. After that it wouldn't load up anymore. I've tried rebooting it three times and finally had to uninstall it for a refund. Thanks for the chance to try it out though!

Reaction score
any way to have some security still possible with either a grid to enter or number/passkey to enter the phone?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
This is a pretty cool app, I've got my calender, setcpu widgy, and a couple of picture frames... haven't had any issues with yet....What's up with people asking about a lite or trial version? Really?? It's 99 cents people, give me a break..or is it the process of paying for it that you don't like? Seems pretty easy for under a dollar

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
Hrm all the softkeys or just back and home? I'll do some more testing of these easy wake both to see why it is acting up and why back is unlocking. Home cannot be captured except by the standard lock screen which has to be bypassed for easy wake :(

Home and back keys. Search doesnt do anything and of course menu brings the settings/etc menu up for the app.

That doesnt bother me....I just want to be able to use the camera key to wake the phone 100% of the time :) -Have had an iphone for 3 years, kinda got used to it (the home key on iphone in same place) and its much easier than reaching for the power button.

All issues aside, its one of the most useful apps Ive installed so far (for me anyways) :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool app, I've got my calender, setcpu widgy, and a couple of picture frames... haven't had any issues with yet....What's up with people asking about a lite or trial version? Really?? It's 99 cents people, give me a break..or is it the process of paying for it that you don't like? Seems pretty easy for under a dollar
Or maybe some people want a good trial before buying it, for a product like this it'd be nice to test it for a couple of days. 99 cents isn't "nothing" I dare you try and find 99 cents laying around the floor outside. I find this rather insulting to poorer people in other countries who would kill for 99 cents...

Anyway...just bought it! So far it's working well, except for the lock screen showing up sometimes but you've addressed that already. Widgetlocker + launcher pro/adw.launcher + quickdesk = pure awesomeness :)

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

mentaloaf

Reaction score
If you own a droid, trust me, you can find 99 cents..the give it to me for free mentality is out of hand..people actually take time out of their day to make these apps, and it's really awesome that they put them out there for free....this guy is charging less than one dollar, and people are saying they love it and stillthey want to try it for free

Last edited:

cpjr

Reaction score
Seriously, you cant get a refund within 24 hours if you dont like it. People need to stop being sooo incredibly cheap.

tdog7879

Reaction score
Im just curios why it took so long to come up with this bad ass app! great job!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same question...

Bought it. Pretty cool. Problem is my lockscreen times out almost immediately. Anyone know how to increase time before lockscreen times out and goes black? Its not the regular display timeout setting, that's at 2 minutes and only kicks in after past the lockscreen. Thanks.

Reaction score
I noticed that my agenda widget would load up properly on twice. After that it wouldn't load up anymore.

Can you tell me which agenda widget this is? I'll give it a try.

any way to have some security still possible with either a grid to enter or number/passkey to enter the phone?

I don't want WidgetLocker to implement it's own security as with the way Android is designed it cannot be done correctly from a third party app (on a non-rooted device at least).
However Widgetlocker fully support android's standard pattern/pin/password security. If you configured android for such, then you'll still see widgetlocker, but when you slide to unlock, or even hit a widget that wants to open a new activity, you'll be prompted to enter the pattern/pin/password. Note this only happens when you actually were at the lockscreen to begin with, not just when launching the app manually.

Home and back keys. Search doesnt do anything and of course menu brings the settings/etc menu up for the app.
Got it, back button is a bug and will be fixed. Home there's not much I can do about with easy wake, especially on Android 2.2.

I just want to be able to use the camera key to wake the phone 100% of the time :)
Understood. I'll look into this and might post back here or send you a PM if I have trouble reproducing the problem. Unfortunately I don't have an incredible (Though if I get a lot of incredible users I'll probably end up getting one).

Problem is my lockscreen times out almost immediately. Anyone know how to increase time before lockscreen times out and goes black? Its not the regular display timeout setting, that's at 2 minutes and only kicks in after past the lockscreen. Thanks.
If I understand correctly, you are talking about when you wake the phone up and are at the lockscreen, the screen will turn off after a very short delay? I don't think that can normally be changed, but I'll look into if I can make WidgetLocker change it.

Thanks to all of those that defend the price. I really enjoy writing android software and really want to be able to justify the time (and it is a lot of time!) it takes to do so.

I'm a bit busy this week (YAPC), but I am working on an update based upon feedback I've received from here and elsewhere.

Please keep posting the feedback, I really appreciate it and I take it seriously. Also if you have a problem the more details in the report the better (phone, android version, easy wake or not, specific widget that's shows the problem, etc).

cpjr

Reaction score
Understood. I'll look into this and might post back here or send you a PM if I have trouble reproducing the problem. Unfortunately I don't have an incredible (Though if I get a lot of incredible users I'll probably end up getting one).

Sure thing. I love the app though.

PS- Not important but would be a nice addition if you get bored, theming the lockscreen slider, I kinda like the curved unlock slider on the Incredible that slides down. Maybe a way of swapping it up ;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I press the on key the unlock screen comes on for a few seconds and if you don't unlock it in 2 seconds the screen goes off.

Does the software delay that?

cpjr

Reaction score
Ah, on my Incredible the phone will stay awake approx 15 seconds before cutting off if nothing is touched. And thats stock. Stays the same with the app running.