WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Corinacakes, Jun 19, 2010.

1. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously, you cant get a refund within 24 hours if you dont like it. People need to stop being sooo incredibly cheap.

2. tdog7879

tdog7879 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im just curios why it took so long to come up with this bad ass app! great job!

3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Same question...

4. kevin@teslacoilsw

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you tell me which agenda widget this is? I'll give it a try.

I don't want WidgetLocker to implement it's own security as with the way Android is designed it cannot be done correctly from a third party app (on a non-rooted device at least).
    However Widgetlocker fully support android's standard pattern/pin/password security. If you configured android for such, then you'll still see widgetlocker, but when you slide to unlock, or even hit a widget that wants to open a new activity, you'll be prompted to enter the pattern/pin/password. Note this only happens when you actually were at the lockscreen to begin with, not just when launching the app manually.

Got it, back button is a bug and will be fixed. Home there's not much I can do about with easy wake, especially on Android 2.2.

Understood. I'll look into this and might post back here or send you a PM if I have trouble reproducing the problem. Unfortunately I don't have an incredible (Though if I get a lot of incredible users I'll probably end up getting one).

If I understand correctly, you are talking about when you wake the phone up and are at the lockscreen, the screen will turn off after a very short delay? I don't think that can normally be changed, but I'll look into if I can make WidgetLocker change it.

Thanks to all of those that defend the price. I really enjoy writing android software and really want to be able to justify the time (and it is a lot of time!) it takes to do so.

I'm a bit busy this week (YAPC), but I am working on an update based upon feedback I've received from here and elsewhere.

Please keep posting the feedback, I really appreciate it and I take it seriously. Also if you have a problem the more details in the report the better (phone, android version, easy wake or not, specific widget that's shows the problem, etc).

5. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sure thing. I love the app though.

PS- Not important but would be a nice addition if you get bored, theming the lockscreen slider, I kinda like the curved unlock slider on the Incredible that slides down. Maybe a way of swapping it up ;)

6. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I dont understand if it's only on for two seconds what good is it?

7. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesnt cut off after 2 seconds for me....stays awake as long as normal.

8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    When I press the on key the unlock screen comes on for a few seconds and if you don't unlock it in 2 seconds the screen goes off.

Does the software delay that?

9. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, on my Incredible the phone will stay awake approx 15 seconds before cutting off if nothing is touched. And thats stock. Stays the same with the app running.

10. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I have a Droid... so will it work for me?

11. kevin@teslacoilsw

Ratings:
    +0
    On a phone without WidgetLocker what you describe is true.

With WidgetLocker instead of seeing the standard lock screen you will see WidgetLocker instead, which does not have a 2 second time out because it's not the standard lock screen. So it will use the system settings timeout. (2 minutes or whatever)

In some rare cases, you will see the standard lock screen first, then the widgetlocker, in this case it might time out after 2 seconds. Turning the screen back on again will then have the full system settings timeout, not the short one.

[edit]Should be the same on any phone, but also I did most of my testing/development on a Motorola Droid.[/edit]

#47 kevin@teslacoilsw, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I'm tempted to buy it but I can't think of anything I would use it for since I can unlock the phone easily and get to everything I need... I suppose it would look nicer but I'm not into themes and the lock screen is only up for a second normally.

It's a rather good idea though for those who don't want to slide unlock.

Search tags for this page
out of space
out of space widgetlocker

widgetlocker

widgetlocker authorization code
widgetlocker home helper
widgetlocker install out of space
widgetlocker live wallpaper
widgetlocker out of space
widgetlocker trial
widgetlocker unlock twice