WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Corinacakes, Jun 19, 2010.

1. sparty569

sparty569 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At least a trial, but a lite version that allows maybe only 1 screen, or 1 widget would be cool too.

2. justreboot

justreboot Member

Ratings:
    +1
  3. justreboot

justreboot Member

Ratings:
    +1
  4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Great to see the developer on here. Some things I would like to see is as follows.

To be able to look out the controls of widgets (i.e. pandora or music app, as I found it playing in my pocket)

Have an option to have a screen like the default one but with the option to change colors of the text.

With the above one, maybe some skin support.

5. robbo323

robbo323 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bought it. Pretty cool. Problem is my lockscreen times out almost immediately. Anyone know how to increase time before lockscreen times out and goes black? Its not the regular display timeout setting, that's at 2 minutes and only kicks in after past the lockscreen. Thanks.

6. arw01

arw01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    great find!

I'm in, paid my $0.99 for this little gem!

7. hookerdj

hookerdj Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nice find cakes im a give this a try

8. arw01

arw01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for supporting the forum!

It's great when the developers come along and support their software on the forums.

As posted before I'm a buyer. Using google voice, so some of the functions for me won't work, but love the idea and am supporting it with my wallet!

9. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm...i might just have to buy this. Does any one notice slow down at all?

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

10. kevin@teslacoilsw

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow great feedback! There's a real good community here.

Android doesn't officially support replacement lockscreens. I try to work with it, rather than against it, but maybe that's not so clear or well done. My intention is that if you are at the WidgetLocker Lockscreen you can interact with the widgets there, but if you try to start another activity, by hitting the home button or by hitting a widget like the Twitter widget, then it will still require a slide to unlock to avoid pocket actions. In this case the normal lock screen comes on. I could potentially replace that with an (optional) smaller dialog that explains itself better.

The other issue is that sometimes, especially after hitting the home key, Android is really slow to launch a new activity, so when your screen goes off WidgetLocker tries to start it's lockscreen but it doesn't finish before you turn the screen back on :(. I'll play with this more but it's tricky.

This makes sense. I for sure can add an option to hide it. I did some quick looking and I might be able to add an option to keep it visible but not expandable, like the standard lock screen. I'll see what I can do.

It seems there is a fair amount of interest in a lite version. I'll need to think about this. I really hate expire-ware, so I don't want to do a 30 day trial. But maybe reduced functionally and an ad would be usable enough but still encourage people to upgrade to the full version.

I've thought about this. Any preference on how to unlock them? I've though of (optionally) replacing the mute slider with a widget-unlocker slider. Or long-press anywhere to bring up a dialog and hit okay to unlock.

Hrm so perhaps a virtual-widget that looks like the standard clock?

As in wallpaper, or the slider as well?

It shouldn't be too heavy on resources as the actual lockscreen activity exits when you dismiss it, so only the service is running all the time and the service doesn't do much aside from add the optional notification icon, and wait for SCREEN_OFF events. However a poorly written widget might be trying to update too often or something, though you would have this same problem if you put that widget on your home screen.

11. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Well after using this for a whole day i think it's perfect!! Whatever you do, please don't remove the option to access and use the notification bar! An option to stop it would be fine but i like it how it is now :D

12. marsha12151

marsha12151 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Love it! Put my calendar widget on the lockscreen and I am very happy.

Thanks for a very nice app.

Search tags for this page
out of space
out of space widgetlocker

widgetlocker

widgetlocker authorization code
widgetlocker home helper
widgetlocker install out of space
widgetlocker live wallpaper
widgetlocker out of space
widgetlocker trial
widgetlocker unlock twice