WidgetLocker +*~+*~+*~+*~+*-- WOW!!!

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great to see the developer on here. Some things I would like to see is as follows.

To be able to look out the controls of widgets (i.e. pandora or music app, as I found it playing in my pocket)

Have an option to have a screen like the default one but with the option to change colors of the text.

With the above one, maybe some skin support.

robbo323

Reaction score
Bought it. Pretty cool. Problem is my lockscreen times out almost immediately. Anyone know how to increase time before lockscreen times out and goes black? Its not the regular display timeout setting, that's at 2 minutes and only kicks in after past the lockscreen. Thanks.

arw01

Reaction score
great find!

I'm in, paid my $0.99 for this little gem!

arw01

Reaction score
Thanks for supporting the forum!

Hey guys thanks for the interest :)

I'm very interested in feedback, either with a post here, or an email to kevin@teslacoilsw dot com or a comment on the market.

It's great when the developers come along and support their software on the forums.

As posted before I'm a buyer. Using google voice, so some of the functions for me won't work, but love the idea and am supporting it with my wallet!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...i might just have to buy this. Does any one notice slow down at all?

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

Reaction score
Wow great feedback! There's a real good community here.

Seems like this is fighting pretty heavily with the stock lock screen. Sometimes I have to unlock the phone twice to get into it. Kind of annoying, but not a dealbreaker.

Android doesn't officially support replacement lockscreens. I try to work with it, rather than against it, but maybe that's not so clear or well done. My intention is that if you are at the WidgetLocker Lockscreen you can interact with the widgets there, but if you try to start another activity, by hitting the home button or by hitting a widget like the Twitter widget, then it will still require a slide to unlock to avoid pocket actions. In this case the normal lock screen comes on. I could potentially replace that with an (optional) smaller dialog that explains itself better.

The other issue is that sometimes, especially after hitting the home key, Android is really slow to launch a new activity, so when your screen goes off WidgetLocker tries to start it's lockscreen but it doesn't finish before you turn the screen back on :(. I'll play with this more but it's tricky.

Also, any way you could hide the notification bar or at least add an option to deactivate the ability to pull down the notification bar?
This makes sense. I for sure can add an option to hide it. I did some quick looking and I might be able to add an option to keep it visible but not expandable, like the standard lock screen. I'll see what I can do.

any chance of doin a lite version or at least a 30 day trial?
It seems there is a fair amount of interest in a lite version. I'll need to think about this. I really hate expire-ware, so I don't want to do a 30 day trial. But maybe reduced functionally and an ad would be usable enough but still encourage people to upgrade to the full version.

To be able to lock out the controls of widgets (i.e. pandora or music app, as I found it playing in my pocket)
I've thought about this. Any preference on how to unlock them? I've though of (optionally) replacing the mute slider with a widget-unlocker slider. Or long-press anywhere to bring up a dialog and hit okay to unlock.

Have an option to have a screen like the default one but with the option to change colors of the text.

Hrm so perhaps a virtual-widget that looks like the standard clock?

With the above one, maybe some skin support.
As in wallpaper, or the slider as well?

Hmmm...i might just have to buy this. Does any one notice slow down at all?

It shouldn't be too heavy on resources as the actual lockscreen activity exits when you dismiss it, so only the service is running all the time and the service doesn't do much aside from add the optional notification icon, and wait for SCREEN_OFF events. However a poorly written widget might be trying to update too often or something, though you would have this same problem if you put that widget on your home screen.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well after using this for a whole day i think it's perfect!! Whatever you do, please don't remove the option to access and use the notification bar! An option to stop it would be fine but i like it how it is now :D

marsha12151

Reaction score
Love it! Put my calendar widget on the lockscreen and I am very happy.

Thanks for a very nice app.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The one reason I used bTunes was cuz I could use the music controls while the phone was locked. This is a nice find. Thanks for posting this.

cpjr

Reaction score
Corina, this is awesome, I have been searching for a way to wake the phone using the camera button on my incredible - as I hate having to reach for the power button :)

J*Bishop

Reaction score
nice find cc. i really like it. it's also great to see the dev here.

cpjr

Reaction score
K, problem Im having is 90% of the time I cant use the camera or volume buttons to wake the phone even though the option is checked - HTC Inc

Edit- Also, now all the soft keys unlock the phone without sliding, I know there is an option for the back key to unlock, but I dont have it checked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
K, problem Im having is 90% of the time I cant use the camera or volume buttons to wake the phone even though the option is checked - HTC Inc

Edit- Also, now all the soft keys unlock the phone without sliding, I know there is an option for the back key to unlock, but I dont have it checked.

Hrm all the softkeys or just back and home? I'll do some more testing of these easy wake both to see why it is acting up and why back is unlocking. Home cannot be captured except by the standard lock screen which has to be bypassed for easy wake :(