Widget Locker eating my RAM...

LT*

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with Widget locker. Since installing it, I've had my D3 come to a complete slowdown after unlocking the phone. When I check Running apps in settings, WL is using up 75-90 MB of RAM. Stopping and restarting it in the settings menu seems to fix it for a while. I also notice that WL can use from around 6MB to 30MB at any given time. If nothing is changing with configuration, why is there such a huge swing in RAM usage?

Another annoying issue with WL is that the clock widget provided has a cool swipe down feature to see your battery %. Unfortunately, it always reads 100%. Not so helpful.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've run widgetlocker on my D3 since I got it with no issues via ram. Although I only use it as a minimal lockscreen.

This could depend on what widgets you have running on the lockscreen.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
I have the built in clock widget and it's happened with both ICS and Sense lock screens. I've emailed the Dev, but haven't heard back

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
I have not...but will

OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
Finally got around to Un / Re installing this. It hasn't run away with my RAM yet, but it's still using around 30MB. That seems like way more than it should need to me. Considering when it starts, it uses very little, but as it runs, it seems to need more and more RAM.

Heywood

Reaction score
You arent the first to mention this issue and it is indeed odd. WL on my X2 (similar specs) with only minimal lockscreen only uses 8 megs.

Last edited:
OP
LT*

LT*

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems more like what I'd expect. Still waiting on the Dev for an answer.