It's been a couple of days...my impressions.

solorca

Reaction score
What I Like

- The speed of the Incredible is so much better than my Droid. Even with the Droid overclocked to 1000ghz, the transitions between screens and general performance pales in comparison to the Incredible so far. It never seems to have any "hiccups" and I have only have one force close so far (probably due to not being rooted/overclocked like I was on the Droid)

- The HTC Sense offers quite a few nice options that I really like. Friendstream is quite useful and has allowed me to eliminate seperate widgets for Touiteur and Facebook. One full screen widget as opposed to two seperate widgets looks much sharper. The best feature of all for me however is the ability to have seven screens without any noticable slowdowns. Regardless of which ROM/Theme I used, anything over 5 screens caused me issues.

- The phone quality is significantly better than what I experienced on my Droid. Personally, the incoming call sounds were fine, but the sound of my Droid going out to other people was horrendous. I was barely able to have a 2 minutes conversation without someone complaining about how terrible my phone sounded. On the Incredible, people constantly rave about how much better it sounds. The bars may only show 1-2 as opposed to 4 for the Droid, but it hasn't affected anything regarding sound and reception.

- The camera is amazing. Honestly, I've never really been much of a camera guy, and I have never purchased a phone or made a decision based on the quality of the camera...but the one on this phone is easily the best I've ever seen on a cell phone. I was taking some pictures for a project at work yesterday, and didn't happen to have my digital camera. Nearly every person that I took a photo of commented about how great the pictures looked when I took them on the Incredible.

There are a ton of other things that I enjoy about this phone, but those are the major points.

What I Don't Like

- Little quirks. This phone seems to have a lot of little quirks that have caused issues. None of them have been huge, but they have caused me some annoyances. The first quirk was around the Friendstream application, which wouldn't update based on simply having "background data" refreshes like every other widget I've ever used. On the Friendstream widget, in order to get regular updates, I had to enable Auto-Sync and set Twitter/Facebook as the only items to actually sync. The big annoyance factor that I"m having now however is in relation to the battery usage area. This may or may not be directly related to the Incredible, but I never had issues like this on the Droid. When running Screebl, it will show up as though the program is using 95% of my overall battery usage, while it shows no information about the Display (which of course, should the biggest battery drainer). I'm assuming that the way Screebl works is causing it to be read incorrectly...but it severely affects my ability to see what things are eating the most battery. Typically, I will only show Screebl (at 95%), Cell Stanby (2-3%) and Android System (2-3%). On my Droid, I could see the entire list of things and determine what is draining the battery and what I could change.

- On that subject, the battery life. While it isn't as bad as some of the earlier reports were saying, it certainly isn't good. Strangely, it doesn't really seem to be that affected by what I do, but just a matter of time. For instance, on Sunday I played with the phone constantly and by the time I reached 10% I had used over 3 hours of display time on the phone (which would be close to killing the Droid too). On the other hand, yesterday I was at work and barely used 25 minutes of Display time. On Sunday, the battery lasted about 10 hours with all of that usage. On Monday, the battery read 15% after 12 hours with a very small amount of usage. This issue will probably be over for me however, as soon as Seidio releases the 3500mah extended battery. Sure, it will add some bulk to the phone, but I've never minded that. Granted, this is the best looking phone I've ever had, so it will be a bit of a bummer..but it's worth it to have the extra life.

Honestly, these are really the only two issues I have.

One other thing I would like to note that didn't really fit in either section is in reference to the build of the phone. People have claimed that it feels "plastic" and cheaply made, but I simply do not see that. While it is light, it feels solid to me. It just feels like they used lighter material to make it. I really like the rubberized feel of the battery cover too.

c_law23

Reaction score
Nice write up though I use neither screebl nor friendstream. My biggest gripe with the phone is not being able to use yahoo through the mail client if you have wifi enabled.

Other then that im having a really hard time finding much to complain about especially for a launch model. I Had more complaints about the motorola droid and it had been out for quite sometime by the time I got it. I cant believe how snappy and immediate it is. I have experienced virtually no lag. Even with every screen in use.

The battery life isn't the greatest sure but its not a hindering me as I was charging the moto when I was in my car or at work as well.

I love the size and weight. I was nervous about having no physical keyboard but the moto broke me of that as I used its awful physical keyboard just twice.

All in all the moto was the best phone id ever owned being a 9/10 but the incredible hands down takes that title. I would give it an 11 if I could. I get annoyed with all the whining and the defensive bickering back and forth about these two phones some are better to others. For me the incredible is superior.

bblanski

Reaction score
Have to agree. I am loving the incredible over my droid

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score
Nice write up though I use neither screebl nor friendstream. My biggest gripe with the phone is not being able to use yahoo through the mail client if you have wifi enabled.

Other then that im having a really hard time finding much to complain about especially for a launch model. I Had more complaints about the motorola droid and it had been out for quite sometime by the time I got it. I cant believe how snappy and immediate it is. I have experienced virtually no lag. Even with every screen in use.

The battery life isn't the greatest sure but its not a hindering me as I was charging the moto when I was in my car or at work as well.

I love the size and weight. I was nervous about having no physical keyboard but the moto broke me of that as I used its awful physical keyboard just twice.

All in all the moto was the best phone id ever owned being a 9/10 but the incredible hands down takes that title. I would give it an 11 if I could. I get annoyed with all the whining and the defensive bickering back and forth about these two phones some are better to others. For me the incredible is superior.

I think it's funny how the poor keyboard on the Motorola actually convinced many of us that we were able to live without a physical keyboard. If it would have been a good qwerty, I don't know if I ever would have made the switch. Prior to picking up the Moto, I completely refused to even look at a non-qwerty phone.

Now, with the LG Ally coming out, which is honestly the brand of phone that I was hoping to get Android on, I may give it a look (since it is expected to be released on May 20th, before my 30 days are up), but I kind of doubt I'll leave the Incredible unless it blows me away.

c_law23

Reaction score

I think it's funny how the poor keyboard on the Motorola actually convinced many of us that we were able to live without a physical keyboard. If it would have been a good qwerty, I don't know if I ever would have made the switch. Prior to picking up the Moto, I completely refused to even look at a non-qwerty phone.

Now, with the LG Ally coming out, which is honestly the brand of phone that I was hoping to get Android on, I may give it a look (since it is expected to be released on May 20th, before my 30 days are up), but I kind of doubt I'll leave the Incredible unless it blows me away.

You are very right. I never would have even considered a phone without a qwerty before using the moto. Well unless the iphone came over to verizon. But im finding the incredible comparing very favorably to the iphone.

I Did fail to mention the bubble counting quirk on the texts not going away when you view new texts from the notification bar. Thats a bit annoying.

jcardona1

Reaction score
thanks for the write up. pretty much on par with what everybody else is saying about this phone; even with a rooted and OCd droid, the incredible is still snappier and a joy to use.

i really need to get my hands on one

OP
S

solorca

Reaction score

You are very right. I never would have even considered a phone without a qwerty before using the moto. Well unless the iphone came over to verizon. But im finding the incredible comparing very favorably to the iphone.

I Did fail to mention the bubble counting quirk on the texts not going away when you view new texts from the notification bar. Thats a bit annoying.

Yeah, that was definitely an annoyance of mine as well. I have always used SMS Popup because I like it's simplicity and integration with the standard messaging app. Unfortunately, when I click "close" on the text box (which removes the text from the notification bar) it still leaves the unread number over the icon.

I was unable to find a good solution, so I ended up just switching to Handcent...which I honestly am starting to like even better. I originally decided against using it on my Droid because it appeared to lag just a bit...but I haven't had any issues like that with the Incredible.

Signum

Reaction score

the ally isnt coming out until Q3 at the earliest, LG has it delayed. some bugs they're working out apparently.

c_law23

Reaction score
ok last thing that bothers me lol

the stupid pictures coming on as a slideshow. My friend sent me a picture today and i had to save it to view it.

jasonb

Reaction score
I am also coming from a rooted and over clocked Droid. I absolutely love my Incredible. Inc > Droid