Froyo Battery Issues?

vahx129

Reaction score
It might have been ever since I upgraded to Froyo but I'm not trying to pin blame on anyone yet. In the past, my OEM battery and my one spare were enough to get me through the day in style. Recently, I have been getting VERY little out of my batteries. I was hoping one of you kind fellows would judge my usage and tell me if I'm expecting too much from the poor thing or if there's actually a software culprit here. For the record I've been using two different batteries so I'm almost positive they they both can't just simply be defective.

So here are the big hitters. If you guys want a proper diagnostic file and have a suggestion of how let me know. I've been trying to monitor my battery with system panel but haven't managed to figure out much.

Big hitters:
1. GPS is ON
2. WiFi is OFF
3. Bluetooth is OFF
4. Brightness is AUTO
5. Sync is ON

Day starts for my droid around 8 am when I knock it off it's cradle charger to shut off the alarm. No usage until about 9:30 am. Use it for music on my 15 minute car ride to class. Volume is set to 11/15. I just pump up the car speakers

During class, I've been streaming the World Cup Games via Vcast on 3G. The handset is muted obviously. Leave that on for about 75-90 minutes. Before the end of every game, I get a warning, 15% or less popup. Games over, and I walk out of class at 12:05 pm with 15% battery left.

I've had this handset for a while and heavy usage is all fine and good but this seems a bit extreme for me. When I get home and switch batteries I'm usually back to 15% by about 5 pm. I've been watching my background programs and here is a list of the common ones:

Calendar Storage
Clock
com.motorola.hiddenmenu
Dictionary.com (I use the word of the day widget)
Gmail
Messaging
My Uploads
News and Weather
SetCPU (It sets the clock to 700 for <100% and 550 for <50%)
Settings
Swype
System Panel
Weather Widgets

I'm currently running Kangerade v1.0 and am not sure if that's part of the issue. I don't even use live wallpapers anymore. I wanna say that Cyanogen had better battery usage but like I said, I don't want to blame any ROMs yet. Anyone else having battery issues with Froyo or is my usage just whack? If you guys want any more info I'll be happy to provide it. Just wanted to throw that out there and get some opinions on this behavior. Thanks

OP
V

vahx129

Reaction score
One Missing Detail

I forgot to mention that my ROM is Chevy's Low Voltage (not ultra) 1.0 GHz if that has anything to do with it either. I might mess around with some power roms on the side and see what happens.

OP
V

vahx129

Reaction score
I got mine through Rom Manager but a lot of websites (aka Droid Life, My Droid World) offer 3rd party ways to install froyo onto your handset without using Verizon's OTA update. Try one of those guys or if you really need it I can link you when I have some free time