Battery life with Froyo

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
When I was on 2.1 I would have a full day of heavy usage our of the phone and still come home with 70-80% battery. Today I used it the same way and came home with 40%, then after the gym it was at 5%! FIVE...I've never seen the battery that low. I've used Advanced Task Killer multiple times today, still was low.
It's now been charging for nearly 3 hours and only at 40%.

Anyone know why the battery is so much worse?

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
There's an issue with the version of Froyo that leaked out off the Google servers. Hopefully get the patch soon.

patrickgerry

Reaction score
Yeah. I thought the google release would be the same as the OTA release? No?

sent from my HTC-incredible via tapatalk

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
I found my issue was my task killer was causing it. Uninstall if you have one and see if that helps

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
I found my issue was my task killer was causing it. Uninstall if you have one and see if that helps

Task killer really? I thought that was the app which was supposed to help with this by stopping app that battery drain?
What I have noticed is that even when I kill my dolphin HD browser with it the app won't die. It's a zombie!

Graywolfscv

Reaction score
For some reason, Froyo and the Task killer fight each other, keeping apps open, or making apps randomly open. After I uninstalled, ALOT of my problems with Froyo disappeared

Avidity

Reaction score
Just curious. What happened after uninstalling the Task Killer?

mgautrea

Reaction score
One of the people I work with had a problem with the battery drain. When all else failed, we did a hard reset and re-installed all of her apps. The problem went away, so far.

dbu

Reaction score
You dont need to use task killers with android. It will manage your memory on it's own and kill things as it sees fit. It's just another app running in the background that is not needed using resources...

Sent from my Droid

alucardx

Reaction score
When I was on 2.1 I would have a full day of heavy usage our of the phone and still come home with 70-80% battery. Today I used it the same way and came home with 40%, then after the gym it was at 5%! FIVE...I've never seen the battery that low. I've used Advanced Task Killer multiple times today, still was low.
It's now been charging for nearly 3 hours and only at 40%.

Anyone know why the battery is so much worse?

i have this same exact problem with the official Verizon OTA 2.2 update that I just got a few days ago..

battery life is piss poor on 2.2 compared to 2.1 and nothing has changed on my phone. I've checked battery stats in settings and in spare parts app and I can't find the cause.

SevereDeceit

Reaction score
Glad I held off getting Task Killer, I heard a few guys at my work saying there was a confliction with 2.2, it appears they were right...

evildroid

Reaction score
i have this same exact problem with the official Verizon OTA 2.2 update that I just got a few days ago..

battery life is piss poor on 2.2 compared to 2.1 and nothing has changed on my phone. I've checked battery stats in settings and in spare parts app and I can't find the cause.

I noticed the battery wasn't very good after updating to FRG01B. Installing SetCPU and setting it to 250/800 helped quite a bit.

applejax2

Reaction score

my battery stinks too! i got the phone TODAY, and fully charged it 3 times - once before i turned it on, again 2 hours later, and again 2 hours later! after the third time i got rid of taskiller - as you guys said. ill let you know if i see any improvements!

EDIT: so i check on my phone, is has been running for almost 2 hours, and only lost 40% of the battery! obviously not GOOD, but MUCH better than when taskiller was running! keep in mind that i have been using the phone for almost the entire 2 hours...but i was using it for the whole time before too! this makes me happy :)....to all....UNINSTALL TASKILLER

Last edited: