Widget Locker

lshedra

Reaction score
I am new to the Android and I switched from iPad after so many Jailbreak and not.... I had had enough.

I have a AT&T galaxy tab which I rooted and I also change the Unknows Source setting to 'Yes' through SQLLite Manager since AT&T disabled this feature.

I onlyhad the tab for 3 days so I am new to the whole experience of Android but so far, it has been great.

I purchased this morning Widget Locker and I was able to configure my lock screen fairly easy. However, I am struggling with couple issues so I have 2 questions

1. When I slide to go to the home screen, Widget Locker takes me to the Camera and the camera is on. How do I make it to go to the home screen? I tried under "buttons and input" the check on/check off the "Camera Button Unlock" but nothing change and furthermore, I have been through all other options and I don't see where I can set this to make it to go to my home screen when I unlock the locked screen
  2. I placed on my locked screen the daily briefing app, but it shows only as Icon, it does not come up running on the lock screen so how can I get the summary page of this app on the lock screen like the clock or other widgets appear?
Thanks...

OP
L

lshedra

Reaction score
I have figured question 1. It was the choice of slider. I had the slider with slide to camera.

Can you please help with my 2nd question?

Sent from my SGH-I987 using DroidForums

OP
L

lshedra

Reaction score
2nd Question

I found the answer to the second question and I am posting just in case a newbie like me has run into the same things.

While widgetlocker allow us to place an app icon, it will not run it even when the app has a small summary page that appears like a widget. After further look, I download it a news stream widget, a market stock widget and a weather widget and they all ran fine on the lock screen. This was not an issue with Widget Locker or the Galaxy tab, it was simply getting myself more familiar with the app and how it works.

So far, WidgetLocker rocks solid! :)

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Good for you for figuring out your problems by yourself. It sure puzzles me when a person's perfectly valid questions get NO answers.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums