Why's my droid peeling

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The back of my droid, where it has that rubbery material is peeling off and it looks gross haha...anyone else have this issue...if so will Verizon replace? Had the phone for almost 3 months now

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Weird...can you post a Pic?

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine isn't doing that. That sucks tho. Not sure if they would replace it at no cost or not.

I've rubbed mine against a few door jamn=bs in the few months I've had mine w/ no issue.

I don't know...super glue. :) :p

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid lotion to protect your droid's skin!

Seriously though, that sucks. They may call it cosmetic but they may not and replace it. Do you work in an area with chemicals, acids, batteries, etc?

r2shampoo.jpg

bpad10

Reaction score
If your talking about right behind the screen and you don't see it unless you slide out the keyboard I had the same thing. I was told it was a thin protective plastic. I peeled it off and haven't had a problem since..

HDTVsportsfan

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think he's referring to that bpad10. It looks like he's talking about the outer rubber on all outer edges on the back of the phone. Like where the on/off and audio jacket are.

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The back of my droid, where it has that rubbery material is peeling off and it looks gross haha...anyone else have this issue...if so will Verizon replace? Had the phone for almost 3 months now

if is working properly then VZW may not replace it. Cosmetics aren't a good reason for replacement in their eyes :icon_evil:

OP
czerdrill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the phone is working fine, so they most probably won't replace it. It's weird it just randomly started today, and don't know what could have caused it. I usually take great care of all my equipment so it's kind of annoying that it's there, but I guess I have to live with it. Will post pics soon, I'm out of town right now.

Riddick

Reaction score
If your talking about right behind the screen and you don't see it unless you slide out the keyboard I had the same thing. I was told it was a thin protective plastic. I peeled it off and haven't had a problem since..

Im having that exact same issue, good to know that I can just pull it off.

Milindroid

Reaction score
This may be OT, it may not, but, does anyone else have a problem with the camera button losing its paint. It pisses me off that after about 5 months of having a 300 dollar phone, the paint on parts of it is coming off...I dont even use the camera all that much. A friend of mine who is sitting next to me has a droid as well, and hers is doing the same exact thing. Anyone know if, since this seems to be a widespread issue, Verizon will replace it?