Why is this phone given such horrible reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrl9851

Reaction score
2.2 on the X made huge difference on battery life. But sorry the X is such a more solid phone. Our dummy fascinate weighs more than the real phone. It feels cheap and lacks the ram 384 vs 512mb that the other droids have . We've had many users return and switch to the X.

Sorry but Motorola makes a much more solid device.

And as for reception, it is recognized that the fascinate has about a 10db worse signal that all the moto droids and the incredible. So please I know you're in love with your screen but don't play it off like the fascinate is a better phone.

You sound like a sales rep at my store.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You sound like a Droid X user who thinks their phone is better than anybody elses. The truth is that it's not. First of all that thing is freaking huge! It's having tons of issues from what i have heard. The camera is bad, the hump in the back is just a huge turn off, it has crappy motoblur, the bootloader is locked, and the screen looks SOOOOO washed out even compared to my Droid.. The Fascinate has a screen and processor that are both much better than the ones in the X. What i've just said is my opinion in both devices. You think the X is better because you have the X. I think they're both great. Just dont think just because you have one dont think better than all of the others ;)

No, what you said are facts.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Processor, yea I agree thats fact. Screen, camera, tons of issues, not fact. Last time I checked the Fascinate ...ALL the Samsung phones have 2 major issues: GPS and lag due to the file system, I/O, memory; not sure which one.

Like it was stated before, no phone is perfect.

Last edited:

bL33d

Reaction score
i still have my og droid and will prob not get either phone as when my contract is up something better will be out but if i had to pick i would go with the fascinate it seems faster (i used both) and the screen is awesome.

Delela

Reaction score
Hi,
I like your writing - it's clear and descriptive, without being flowery and overly dramatic. The problem I have is this - what was the point of the whole story? Why do I need to read about this and how does it develop the plot? Maybe because you're only giving us a short excerpt of your writing, preface it with a quick synopsis of what your story is about. That way we can put it in context with the story and know why it's so important that they slept in the same bed, or why it's so important that they're staying at the Aunt's. Also, a link to the first part of your story would be helpful. The last thing that bothered me is the whole Children's Hospital thing. A hospital that specializes in treating traumatic injuries or illnesses for children would most certainly have a sling that would fit a six-year-old. That part was a little unrealistic. Other then that, you've got a good start. It's realistic and interesting. Well done!

Mrdanks

Reaction score
I love my fascinate its the best phone I've e ever had. And I've owned the droid x and the droid inc

Sent via Fascinate.

OP
I

ibebyi

Reaction score
Ok i hate to revive a dead thread, but can someone PLEASE tell me what Delela is talking about? I have been searching the thread endlessly to see the post he/she seems to be referencing, but I literally have no idea.

Sorry about the off topic question.

A bit more on topic now: The fascinate has gotten some neat fixes and ROMs and kernels for those who have issues! Most of them are at xda so check them out!

Let's get this community more active! :)

tests

Reaction score
im not sure if this is due to the processor, but it seems my fascinate is slower than my brothers droid x? I mean he can get on internet websites and load them faster than my fascinate (Espeically when we are driving to somewhere).

Also my fascinate seems to freeze for a second before i can move to different home screens, Especially after im done searching the web and click the home key.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
Hah! I had 2 dx's before I gave up on that huge pile of moto garbage. The lag, wifi issues, text issues, GPS, were just too much. My og droid never gave me problems like the x ...Did I just happen to get 2 duds? Maybe but I now have the fascinate and I will never go back.

Fascinate has no lag. It actually latches to wifi ( I don't have to make them single encryptions to work) . Bing is sh!t, that's obvious , but I always root my phones so that's not a problem. I don't have GPS issues.

I will say the dx has amazing call capabilities , it always sounded grip and clean.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Now why would this phone get a bad review...
61bf1ea3-3764-bac6.jpg

Swyped via Fascinate.

tests

Reaction score
also, since the fascinate only has 325 ram (not sure exact number) does that mean it cant load many apps without causing massive lag to the phone?

The droid x on the other hand, i believe has more ram, so would that mean it can load more apps without lag?

The question sounds a bit newbish, but i am a newbie to phones.

Thanks !

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
also, since the fascinate only has 325 ram (not sure exact number) does that mean it cant load many apps without causing massive lag to the phone?

The droid x on the other hand, i believe has more ram, so would that mean it can load more apps without lag?

The question sounds a bit newbish, but i am a newbie to phones.

Thanks !

I agree, what does the Fascinate having less RAM mean? Will this cause lagging with all the apps being installed later on?

Last edited:

SocalMike

Reaction score
I played with the fascinate and I thought it would b good to get instead of the x considering its a galaxy s phone n I spent alot of time with the vibrant on tmobile which I loved n that phone kicks the fascinates butt idk what verizon did to that phone to screw it up

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Love the phone. The swype keyboard is a work of art. I am excited to get used to it when others say it's useless.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ironhorse

Reaction score
I love my fascinate. More I play with it the more I love it. I am now thinking of rooting but need to make sure I can restore with no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

droidphreak

Reaction score
The Samsung Fascinate is a fantastic device. I love mine. Personally I think its the best phone ive had (and ive had the D2/DX).

Status
Not open for further replies.